Thursday, August 13, 2020

Missy Mallard Model Shoot

I generally drop Sue off when she has her park social with a few friends, mostly so she doesn't have to walk too far carrying a chair if there are no close parking spots. Then I go home or elsewhere and return about an hour and a half later to pick the lady up.

Yesterday, however, I set up my own chair some distance apart from the ladies. I had my camera (of course, I did) and waited. I was hoping against hope for a seagull photo because on some other times in the park, I have noticed them flying close to the river and the water picking up their reflections.

I knew that I would have to be lucky to get that shot, but I thought it worth a try. Well, I wasn't lucky, and I discovered that it would be almost impossible, for I would have to have my camera at the ready, have it pointed in the right spot, and also be quick on the trigger.

Instead, I photographed a gaggle of geese that went by in a line as well as a number of paddlers. I may post those photos at another time, but what I will post now is Missy Mallard who obligingly perched on a nearby submerged log, and began to put on a preening show. (I say Missy but I don't know if it could be a juvenile male.)

I took a lot of photos but there were many duplicates. These are some that I kept.






13 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These are great photos. Or perhaps they play into my fondness for ducks.

gigi-hawaii said...

Very nice captures. I like the one with her reflection the most, but all of the photos are nice.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Great photo shoot, as always, and of course you would have your camera with you...we wound not expect otherwise. The fanned feathers showed off the ducks great coloration!

PipeTobacco said...

I especially like the raised foot photo!

PipeTobacco

Margaret said...

Fun for Sue to have a park get together. I love my drive through coffee dates, although we stay in our cars. (not as nice) Love the duck photos especially the first one and the last one. The last one with the reflection is #1.

DJan said...

The first one looks like she's doing a yoga pose, and the last one is simply beautiful! :-)

Marie Smith said...

That last photo is a unique pose. Great photo!

Joanne Noragon said...

Another set of keepers.

Barbara Rogers said...

How great that she was flirting with you...I noticed the shot of her winking her eye. Yep, she knew she was giving you just the best of her plumage!

MARY G said...

Funny as well as well done. The last one is hilarious.

Red said...

Reflections of the duck are pretty sharp.

Mara said...

I like the last photo best, although for some reason without the reflection. It seems to distract a bit from the 'real' duck.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the reflection!
We've been swimming again. I am so tired!