Sunday, August 09, 2020

I Guessed Wrong

 I didn't guess right: not at all.

When I posted this photo in my recent An Unsual Sale post, I made a private guess about which three photos might be chosen.

I actually liked the three vertical tree photos and thought they would make a nice set. Well, I still think that, but such was not the choice. That happened to be the three images on the left.

The first image, Winter on the Farm, is a very old image taken in December 2004 with my very first DSLR and a cheap kit lens.

It was an early morning photo at the cottage, which was once upon a time a farm of sorts. I noticed the light, stepped out onto the porch, snapped the shutter, and retreated back inside.

As many times as I returned in other winters, I never saw it like it was that morning with the light and snow-laden boughs. Sometimes, you are just lucky. More often than I'd like, when I go out with the camera with a particular shot in mind, nothing happens, and I come home empty-handed.

The middle one of the group, First Snow, was also pretty lucky, for the first snow came while the autumn colour still lingered on the trees in late October 2018, and we happened to go for a walk in the park that day.

Finally, Vacancy was taken just a little later on the same day. I have sold Vacancy twice before but not the others.Apparently, some people think more of it than I do. I mean, I like it, or I wouldn't keep printing it, but I guess I am somewhat more drawn to some of my other photos.

So, there are now three gaps in the wall at the café, but I have loaned the prints that I have ready to hang to someone else to preview, so I can't update display just yet.



10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great choices too. Congrats on the sale, AC.

Have you ever put your prints on canvas?

Barbara Rogers said...

Those will certainly look nice hanging together in someone's home or office.

gigi-hawaii said...

Those are great selections. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I like those choices! And Vacancy has an interesting composition from the standpoint of how it moves our eyes in a sort of circle around the picture. Keep on keeping on! Your work is so good.

Vicki Lane said...

All beautiful. Vacancy is very poetic to me.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Well done with this. You are on the cusp of great wealth no doubt!!

Margaret said...

Those are probably my favorite three, although I do admire the one to the far right. I love farm/barn scenes and evocative alone in nature themes. You are so very talented!

Tabor said...

I have never participated in a show. I am too reticent to put out the money to actually have product to sell. yours are lovely and so glad that those three sold!

Joanne Noragon said...

Well, I like the buyer's choices too. Especially Vacancy.

DJan said...

Glad to see my favorite, Vacancy, is also liked by others. They are all pretty darn wonderful. :-)