Friday, August 21, 2020

Reunion

We met halfway on the shores of Stoco Lake on the Moira River in the village of Tweed.

Sue's sister, Heather, on the left.

Heather lives in Toronto and what with COVID and all, we haven't visited for a little over a year. So, as I wrote above, we met approximately halfway and had a four hour visit in very pleasant spot.

As you can see, she brought her dog, Callie, whom she actually adopted here on her last visit, 13 months ago.

Tweed Memorial Park proved to be a fine venue for our rendezvous, both for humans and canid.


Heather brought little gifts with a rainbow theme, and I guess we also brought a gift, if garden fresh tomatoes count.


But the main thing was to enjoy our reunion: true for all of us, but perhaps especially for Heather who has had a very difficult year.




In all there and back, we drove for four hours for a four hour get-together, but it was a good thing to do. Hopefully, we can do it again before winter closes in on us once more.

And that dog, Callie; I think I'll have to devote a whole post to her.

12 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It was good that you and Sue could get together with Heather and Callie even if it involved a long drive. You selected a great place to rendezvous and could social distance easily. We much prefer being able to visit outdoors these days. Nice too that the weather was very cooperative on the selected day.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I am happy to hear of you and Sue having a get together with Heather and Callie! It's too bad that you live so far apart, but at least you are able to get together from time to time....

Barbara Rogers said...

A good reckoning of time spent...one I seem to use most of my travels. If it takes 4 days to get somewhere and back, I want 4 days there. People wish I'd go home in 3 sometimes. Too bad. It does seem like a sweet meet. I see cooler and various bags of things, so I imagine there were some treats for you all.

Margaret said...

The beauty of the locale and getting together with a friend(especially one who has had a hard year) make it worthwhile, in my opinion. We need to find creative ways to be socially together, especially while our decent weather lasts. The rainbow gifts are wonderful, and home grown tomatoes are always the perfect gift!

DJan said...

I love those thoughtful rainbow gifts. And home grown tomatoes are such a treat! Ours are getting ripe now, here and there. It looks like it was a wonderful gathering, and I look forward to learning more about Callie. :-)

William Kendall said...

Good to be able to get together. Callie's adorable.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

A nice post AC and the sisters look so much alike. The spot to meet was/is lovely and well worth the 4 hrs both ways. This pandemic makes it so much
sweeter when it's possible to get together.

Joanne Noragon said...

I don't know a lot about dogs; I like them with other people and well behaved. Callie seems to tic both boxes.I also admire the harness she's wearing. Looking forward to hearing about her.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

COVID has compelled us all to be a little more creative and find ways to do things safely.

gigi-hawaii said...

What a nice thing to do.

Marie Smith said...

The drive was worth it by the look of the visit!

Vicki Lane said...

A fine rendezvous venue. And what a beautiful dog!