Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Morning Paddlers

When I was at the park in the fog yesterday, several paddlers went by in their early morning practice. I tried to snap a few pics, but I wasn't prepared, and the fog was . . . well, you know how it was from yesterdays post.

Since I recollected that I had seen them after 7 o'clock, I didn't have to get out too early. Mind you, I still got distracted by other shots, so they still surprised me a bit.

And when they paddled by, they were on the other side of the river, so I had to use full telephoto, handheld too.

Without any foreground to speak off, I decided to get the background boathouse in the frame to, hopefully, add some interest. 


They're not great, but they are something.

I noticed that at the west end of the park that they seemed to get closer to the near riverbank, so I ambled up that way and found a possible composition using a frame. While the first group was long gone, another group came by. Once again, the results are mediocre at best, but that is alright, and the photo looks much better on my computer fro some reason. This version looks extremely dull.

Whatever! I got out when it was still cool on a day when we have a heat warning, and I rather enjoyed the golden light in the park, which I may post tomorrow. Now, to hibernate. Have a good day.

13 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Lovely to be up so early by the river, watching the kayaks. I am so tired of hot weather. I think everyone is. But autumn will come - or so I hope.

Margaret said...

Low 80s yesterday and low 70s today. Very pleasant. I'm glad you're getting out early and enjoying some cool air. Love the kayakers! I wish I had a kayak.

William Kendall said...

Peaceful views.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

There's never anything dull about your photos AC ... unless is your last post. Pea Soup never excites !!

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice shots of the river and the boats. Lovely.

Marie Smith said...

Love those top photos.

We get out around 7 a.m. for a walk to be ahead of the heat here too. Feels like 37 this afternoon.

Tabor said...

I tend to photograph intuitively rather than logically or with specific planning. You are much more a planner than I am. I like that we are so different, because I can see things through your eyes as well.

Joanne Noragon said...

We have canoes and kayaks in great number out on the river now the last of the dams up to Lake Erie are gone.

Vicki Lane said...

I like the feeling of action in the last photo.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, you've a new subject to work with! I like the second and last - just prefer the boathouse separate from the rower. And the framing is pretty to give the subject perspective. Just my opinioin... Thanks for putting your art out there for us to critique. I think the rowers may be a good thing to keep working with.

troutbirder said...

I thought they race to those kind of kayaks but maybe not?

Mara said...

That might be the best time of the day to do something. And on the water it gives a bit more cooling than on land. I understand them and am a bit jealous.

DJan said...

Good shots in my opinion. I like the next to last. :-)