Sunday, August 23, 2020

Calliope

I did write that I would post about Heather's dog, Callie, or more formally, Calliope.

Heather's favourite dog of the past was named Zeus. When Heather adopted Callie last year, we mused about a name. Somehow or other we came up with Calliope who was a daughter of Zeus. Of course, she is almost always just Callie.

During a very difficult year for her due to both the pandemic and otherwise, Calliope has been a companionable source of joy to Heather.

Of course, Callie would tag along when we visited with Heather.

What an exuberant dog!  Here she is meeting Molly in the park. She is on the left in the first photo and on the right in the other two photos.



To repeat -- very exuberant. She climbed on me twice and managed to stick her paw in my mouth more than once. I still have the mark to prove it. I was more ready the second time and kept her at bay a little better.



I am currently using the last photo as my profile pic in FB.

I decided to play around with one of her other pictures and took it from this . . .

. . . to this.

I converted it to  monochrome and then toned the white parts to something resembling her actual colour/


12 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Exuberant seemed an understatement to describe Calliope, perhaps overly friendly would also apply. The photos of the 2 dogs especially the one with the other dog in the air with teeth bared almost looked like a real dog fight. Hopefully, it was only in play. The final canine portrait will surely be treasured by Heather...well done.

Marie Smith said...

Georgie, the golden grand-dog was exuberant as a pup. We thought she’d grow out of it...

Jenn Jilks said...

That's a busy dog. Wow.

gigi-hawaii said...

She reminds me of my dog in New York.

Heather said...

Calliope, the muse of artists, poets and musicians, knows that the gift of her name came from you. Sorry about the foot in mouth. She was just exuberantly trying to show her love and appreciation. Yes, she has been the most spectacular light in this dark year. Wonderful things sure come from Carleton Place. Love the blog and the pics, especially the portrait. Thank you!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fun and exuberant dog! I love the photos of the dogs playing together...action that's hard to capture. And the portrait is really sweet. I'd ask you to be my friend on FB, but then we wouldn't have this blog friendship too, and I don't want to give this up. FB has its uses.

Margaret said...

I love the photos of the dogs frolicking! They are so exuberant and full of joy. So, Callie is more whitish than golden? Many people are finding solace in their pets during these challenging times. My cat is not very active or friendly sometimes, but she's quite comforting!

DJan said...

It's nice that critters let us share their lives. I love that portrait, and Callie is definitely exuberant and beautiful! :-)

Vicki Lane said...

An absolutely beautiful dog and what great action captures!

Joanne Noragon said...

A handsome dog.

Rita said...

Critters and small children remind of to be immediate and joyful...and exuberant. :)

MARY G said...

Nice stop action ... too bad that the dogs cannot be stop-actioned at will.