Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Blossoms of St James Park

I have been keeping my eye on St James Park. Last year, I noticed several beautiful trees in blossom at this time of year, so I have driven past several times in the past week or two to track the progress. On Sunday night when I drove past, I saw that the tress had finally blossomed, so I purposed to return on Monday morning.

Sadly, the day dawned chilly, windy and overcast. But I had dropped Sue of at her exercise class, so I photographed anyway as best as I could.  Besides, the next few days did not promise much better, and you have to do what you can when you can.

I was pleased when I got home and uploaded them to the computer. They were pretty fair right out of the box as it were although I always tweak a bit. I like tweaking. Maybe the grass is a little too bright for my taste or the blossoms are just not quite a vibrant as they were to my eyes, and I try to adjust those things. But as I said, these were decent to begin, keeping the conditions in mind of course, so I didn't have to do any major overhauls.

You will see a church in the background in some of the photos, and I was happy to do this since this is the church where we have our exercise class — the class that I am not attending right now because ... well, you know why.





I was happy that this macro shot turned out as well as it did because it was very windy, and little movements become very amplified in the macro world ... which is really the micro world.




9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What beautiful blossoms! I am eating cherries now, picked somewhere in the US, and they are SO delicious. Maybe they looked like this a few months ago. I agree about closeups and wind. It's an interesting dance to get one shot in focus! You won! Curtsies to the master!

Tabor said...

These are lovely and I do like the framing. I have a macro lens and should use it more.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These are great! I am thinking of doing a sketch or painting using the photo with the empty bench.

Marie Smith said...

Love the second photo especially, AC.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful blossoms! I photographed a church here that has that kind of tree out front earlier in the week, and its blossoms were out as well.

Joanne Noragon said...

Gorgeous as ever, especially the macro!

Kay said...

Oh wow! These are such beautiful shots. I love spring.

MARY G said...

I love tweaking. And you do it so well. I also enjoy it when you put the before and after shots up.
It has to warm up sometime?

Jenn Jilks said...

Glorious shots. The season is so terribly short.