Wednesday, May 29, 2019

A Stroll in the Park

Sunday was a pretty nice day, so we stopped for coffee and a chicken sandwich and headed to the park. It was a little breezy, so we chose to eat in the car, but with the windows down, we had plenty of fresh, springtime air.

Once done with our noms, we went for a leisurely stroll. Of course, I couldn't resist taking some snaps.

This is the path leading from our parking spot into the rest of the park.



At the other end before we turn around.



A shot with a glimpse of the river.



Back near the car, I was taken with this tree.



I liked it so much that I went back in the evening with my wide angle lens and tripod. This was the first time, post surgery, that I had ported my tripod


13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Trees have such character and that new green of spring is my favourite! You trees are ahead of our!

Jenn Jilks said...

Good for you! That's a favourite photo of that bench. Good you are out and about, but slowly!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a lovely way to spend time, fine dining😉 and a lovely walk, plus you shared some nice views. That tree is a great subject and I foresee many more photo opps, John.

Barbara Rogers said...

I like the last shot, with some relationship between those trees (over the years). It's as if one is whispering something in the ear of the other.

Should Fish More said...

Your trees look like they around the same stage as ours here in MT, but it was 35 this morning. Nice photo's as always, take care.

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful shots! That new spring green is so lovely -- it's gone here as we move into summer.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You are doing well with your recovery! And I love that last photo with the great color and protective lines of the tree.

Mage said...

And I hope it ported well.

William Kendall said...

Your last shot is my favourite.

Joanne Noragon said...

You got some great shots with Mr. Tripod.

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos . I don't use a tripod I find it to much to lug about I use my body or what ever there is at the site I am at if I can lol . Looks like a pretty place to sit and walk and of course take photos of ☺ . Its nice to see everything looking so lush green and full of colour again .

Mara said...

That green is so vibrant and well... green! Lovely photos as usual. Hope the carrying the heavier stuff about was fine for you afterwards as well.

Kay said...

That evening shot is so spectacular. I love those colors.