Sunday, May 05, 2019

Update

I wasn't planning on posting about my recovery, but since you have been so nice about mentioning it, I will post a little update.

Linda commented that the second and third days can be more difficult than the first. Now, I don't know whether her first day is the day of or the first day after, so I am not sure if I can verify or not. I would say that the first day after may have been somewhat worse than the day of but not really by much,

But on the second day after, I decided to stop the pain pills. I guessed they weren't doing me much good, and that guess seems to have been proved correct as day 2 after was actually a little less intense than day 1. I am just beginning Day 3, but so far there is no improvement over the previous day.

I am pretty comfortable once I am in a position whether sitting or standing but moving from one position to another is fraught with difficulty. I've given up on the easy chair in my den because once the back goes back (which is fine), it doesn't want to come forward without a little help from stomach muscles Ouch! The back of easy chair in the living room can be controlled from a switch, so it works well.

Getting in and out of bed is also a bit of a procedure, which of course must be repeated several times per night. And last night, or this morning at 4:30, the cat decided to prance on me. She hasn't done this for almost two months, but she picked last night of all nights.

Without going into detail, let me affirm that operations and their concomitant meds bind you. Really bind you. And I can't push. Yikes!

We went for a very short, last-minute drive yesterday. I checked out the flooding by the dock. We may head back today as the temperature will rise to almost 20. I may even get out of the car and amble about a bit — a little bit. May.



7 comments:

Should Fish More said...

The most common side effect of the pain meds you're probably taking is constipation, it goes away after stopping. Try some miralax if your dr says it's ok. Also, the procedure itself, disturbing the small and large bowel, can cause them to stop working as efficiently.

Silver in AZ said...

You poor thing! Hope you start to feel better soon!!

William Kendall said...

Ouch!

Tabor said...

It sounds like you are on the mend and being patient with it all! Keep pushing, just a little more, each day and you will be back to normal. Don't take chances and be forgiving with yourself.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the update, AC. Hope the discomfort goes away in a short time.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm so sorry for your troubles.
JB is taking cancer meds and naturopathic supplements to combat bone loss, etc., as I'm sure you know. They bind him. He's been taking aloe vera juice, which makes all the difference. I can find out specifically, if you like.

Vicki Lane said...

This, too, shall pass. ;)