Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Finally

Finally! I went out and took a few photos. I didn't go far or for long, but I went.

Every time we (as in Sue driving) drove past this nearby property, I wanted to take a photo of the blossoms hanging over the fence. I think it's a picturesque little setting.



A little later, we stopped by the park. I wanted some photos looking (mostly) across the river where I could see the emerging green of the trees leafing out. I like the lightness and brightness of these early leaves and how you can still see the contrasting verticals of the bones (trunks) in the image.

It was a cloudy day. To get the effect that I wanted, or at least something approaching it, I added glow in post. I pretty well accomplished what I wanted to. It may not be to everyone's taste, but it is to mine right now although I may not approve when I look at these photos next year.

On Flickr, there is a Bench Monday meme, so I purposefully include benches in my photos when I think of it.
I do like how this one is framed by the trees which also frames a view across the river.

There are benches here too, but I am not fussy about this image.

Looking completely across the river, I like the verticals and there's also a bench (picnic table).

The curve of that trees plus the balancing of the birch tree to the right
make this my favourite photo of the outing to the park.

11 comments:

Shammickite said...

I like the last picture the best! The emerging greens of spring are so beautiful.

Barbara Rogers said...

Maybe my monitor coloring is off (or my cataracts that aren't yet ready to be removed) but I see mainly yellow leaves. I agree there is something specia about early green leaves! That last photo is etherial!

Anvilcloud said...

There's much yellow in much of the green that we see and it comes out in the light.

Marie Smith said...

I love the new greens!

Tabor said...

All of these are delightful!!!

Mage said...

Just perfect color every time.

William Kendall said...

Your first shot is my favourite of the set.

Joanne Noragon said...

The red tulips are striking.

Vicki Lane said...

Those are all wonderful and the last one is classic.

Jenn Jilks said...

I like the way the buds dot the trees, then suddenly we are in full leaf!

Kay said...

Oh wow! What incredible photos! These are so gorgeous!