Sunday, May 19, 2019

Flowers for the Bride

We had both been gifted with fine presents earlier this year that were, at least in part, considered to be anniversary gifts. Sue had received an iWatch and I a new lens, so, no further gifts were either required or expected.

But I had to do something on the day and determined that flowers would be it.

But how and what exactly?

I thought of  traditional red roses. A dozen would be nice, but I wanted to tie it in with 50 somehow. Five dozen, one dozen for each decade, would have been quite something, or even just 50 roses, 1 for each year. But that would have been terribly extravagant, costing hundreds of dollars, for something very ephemeral.

I also thought of just 6 roses, 1 for each decade and 1 more for the future, but that seemed perhaps too paltry an offering for 5 decades.

What about 45 white carnations with 5 red roses? Very pricey and maybe not the best idea.

It was the lady at the florist shop who mentioned that some people fashion a bouquet similar to the original bridal bouquet. Sue's bouquet had been primarily pink and yellow roses. I found this photo along with the full bridal photo that I posted on my Golden post on Friday.



I sent Shauna pictures and asked her to take them in to the floral shop to see what they could do. I love the result.




Knowing what was coming, I had made a card with the floral theme but didn't present it until the flowers were delivered. The front has fifty roses: a combination of pink, yellow and white. So, she got her 50 flowers in some measure.



I carried over the theme, at least to some degree, on the inside of the card.



7 comments:

troutbirder said...

How special for the 50th. And the wedding bouquet . Whoda thought A.C a true Romantic at heart...:)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

This was a lovely idea and I love the result - beautiful and romantic - and am sure you wife did even more.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The flowers were lovely and so was the "bride" and what a lovely way to celebrate. You did well, John!

Mage said...

What a lovely gift. Perfect for the anniversary.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a milestone. A very thoughtful gift!

Mara said...

That is a great idea! And the flowers look stunning. What a surprise it must have been!

Kay said...

Awwww... Happy Anniversary to your both!