Wednesday, May 22, 2019

My First Morning Foray

I must still be sensible about resuming normal procedures. In fact I should not resume many activities for the time being. I have been explicitly told this by the surgeon — no yardwork or lifting for another month or so.

But I will now drive for a short distance, and I will bring my camera with me if I think I might use it. However, I eschew the tripod for now in an effort to keep myself unencumbered as possible.

When I arose yesterday morning, I spotted nice light in the west from the bedroom window, so I checked the other window and saw that there was also some promise to the east. So off I went.

I have had it in my mind to take some early morning photos of the pond around the corner. It's about a minute drive, and I don't have to walk once there but just really get out of the car.

I was treated to a family of geese who kept a very close eye on me. I tried not to disturb them, so I remained as far away as I could and zoomed in as much as possible.



But as I moved around, I lost the glow of the light, so I had to move back closer to them. Of course, they paddled off.



I did take another photo without the geese. But I am still learning the ins and outs of the new camera and didn't compensate for the highlights properly. Still . . . it's not terrible.



The geese were gone; it was cold and windy; and, the light was passing its best point. So, I headed back home. It was good to get out, though.

9 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Those are all stunning, AC! No apologies or explanations needed.

Tabor said...

I missed that you go a new camera. What is it? I am thinking of getting a bridge camera for my travels so that I do not have to lug lenses.

Anvilcloud said...

Tabor. It’s a Canon R, their full frame entry into the mirrorless world. It’s certainly not what you are looking for right now. You likely want a high end compact camera, one where you can control ISO, shutter speed and aperture, if you so choose.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Very dramatic ! I love these photos and the colors.

Marie Smith said...

It’s good you get out a bit, AC. Hope you don’t overdo it.

Should Fish More said...

Great photo's, AC. Almost makes me wish for the days long past when I would take out either my Mamiya C33, Minolta Autocord, Leica M3 or Nikkormat.
I see you have some leaves out; they are just beginning over here.

William Kendall said...

These are lovely shots!

Joanne Noragon said...

Beautiful shots of early light.

Jenn Jilks said...

"It's not terrible!"
I enjoyed them.