Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Bit of Sunset

With mom at a meeting, we had the kids for supper, The Voice, and a game of Sorry last evening. When it was time to drive them home, there was a very subtle but interesting sunset, so I asked Sue to drive by the park. It was almost gone by the time we got there, but a little of it lingered.

We stopped the car and both kids hopped out and headed toward the river. I only had my phone (drat it), but I captured this one of JJ running toward the sunset from my safe and dry position near the road. He's shadowy and towards the middle of the frame.



I shifted my position slightly and took two more shots. In this first one, I wanted to get the sun coming through that interesting tree.



This was more of an attempt to frame the sunset between two foreground trees but also two more distant ones.


9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Phones today take great photos! It’s a lot about framing in photography! These are beautiful photos!

Barbara Rogers said...

Super photo framing...well done in my opinion (which is the only one that matters, of course.) Thanks for commenting on my blog.

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

I so enjoy your photography and I learn from your skills. Your sunsets are beautiful (as anticipated)... but I am still especially in awe of the beautiful array of "preening" photos! I need to develop more patience if I ever can imagine even *trying* to capture an image similar to those. But, I would love to do so.

PipeTobacco

William Kendall said...

I like the mood to these shots.

Mage said...

Very nice, but the one with JJ has emotional power. :)

Joanne Noragon said...

Three good ones.

Shammickite said...

Nice to see green grass and a sunset. Winter is definitely over.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Lovely photos. I should think more when I take pictures! Your framing leads to pleasing results.

Vicki Lane said...

Subtly lovely.