Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Dinner Companions Plus

If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you know that we drive to Wheelers Maple Sugar Camp about twice per year. We had a splendid day for a drive in the country yesterday, and when we arrived we found a table near the bird feeder. It was nice to have some unexpected dinner companions.





After lunch we wandered about a bit. Heather, Sue's sister, had a nice chat with an alpaca.



Then the ladies sat for a few minutes, enjoying the fine weather, while I wandered about and took a few more photos.



I liked this truck although it wasn't parked in the most photogenic spot ever.



You can see the window, above, is partly open. I was able to wiggle my camera through it and snap a picture. So, that's what I did, just because I could. The wide angle lens quite distorts things, but it did help me to get a lot in the shot.


9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I hope you brought home lots of maple syrup too! Loved the bench seat in the truck...wonder when the last time I sat on one was. Ah nostalgia!

Marie Smith said...

The truck is a beauty. Great find.

Mage said...

I had noticed that truck. Yes, what a wonderful drive and photogenic spot. Yes, hope you brought home lots of maple things.

Jenn Jilks said...

Nicely done! I don't imagine we'll go back anytime soon.
We took the grandies awhile back. They're getting busier with old age, though.
Hubby cannot have dairy, yeast, or eggs, wo it is really pointless. I miss pancakes!

William Kendall said...

The alpaca would be good company.

Vicki Lane said...

What a fine old truck! Some years ago we had a blue one of similar vintage. I wish we'd kept it.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I love the way that you take us along with you as you take the pictures. Also the floral displays in your last post were lovely.

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

The birds are beautiful as are the truck images!

Do you know the story of that old beast? Is it just someone's truck for driving or is it abandoned/stored there for some reason?

PipeTobacco

Anvilcloud said...

Pipe. It's at a maple sugar camp. Although it is privately owned, they have a few museum pieces. Actually, a couple of genuine museums ad not just pieces.