Friday, May 24, 2019

Another Brief Morning Wander

After photographing the geese and the early morning glow on the previous day here, I returned the next day. I was a little late for the best light, but I went more for the practice than anything else. I simply need to get to know my camera better. The basics are all the same, but the new mirrorless is slightly higher-end and has more variables and in somewhat different places too.

Some lucky people back right onto the park, and I can see their gardens. With tulips in their prime right now, I snapped a few shots.




I took a number of photos, including the geese, but I didn't spot the family of the previous morning, and those that I did spot were on land. Of course, I took photos, I didn't much like them and just sent them to trash.

This photo ↓ looking down the pond toward the river (which you can't see) is okayish but just barely. There's a lot of guck in the pond. Guck is the technical term BTW. 😄



I did like this ↓ photo, however of the fence and tree beyond the pond. Sunlight is spilling into the scene, and there are reflections.



I am keeping these excursions short and just firing away somewhat randomly when the spirit moves me, but I am appreciating getting back in the saddle as it were.

11 comments:

troutbirder said...

Wonderful way to spend the early morning camera in hand. Then the resulting photos are really great!

Barbara Rogers said...

Can't decide which is my fav...either the tulips in a line with the out of focus fence giving a great pattern behind, or the last, with asymmetrical balance. The gunk reflections was too busy for me...maybe just part of it would have been my choice. I'm so glad you're experimenting and telling of your choices...it helps to understand the art!

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

All interesting but the photos of tulips make me sad I cannot grow them any longer because of our resident deer...Tulips are so beautiful.

Mage said...

I do like that first shot a lot....the one with the birdbath and fence. That camera does seem to be working well even if you haven't figured it all out yet. Sue's flowers are magic stuff.

Marie Smith said...

It’s good you are getting around a bit, AC. Hope you don’t overdo it.

William Kendall said...

The tulips are lovely!

Joanne Noragon said...

These ponds are "gunkless" if cleaned regularly. A thankless job.

Kay said...

Actually, I like the look of the guck. The color, reflection, mood of the photo really take you into the scene.

Jenny Woolf said...

I particularly like the last one with the low light and the reflections.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Beautiful photos! Some of them are like paintings.

Jenn Jilks said...

That last one is amazing.
'guck!'