Monday, December 20, 2021

Will I Ever Win That Toaster?

Sue and I really needed a boost, so we went to Almonte where we got a real shot in the arm.


Our appointments for the first two jabs were at different times and even on different days, but we were together in sweet bliss for the booster. I watched Sue's jab, and the needle really went in a long way and seemed to take a long time to plunge. Maybe this was different than before and maybe not. Whatever the case, Sue was exultant to have it done as this photo with her fancy schmanzy as new phone attests.


However, we are still a long way off from being able to claim our toaster, which is too bad since we could really use a new one.

I wonder if there will be any more boosters. Some have written that a virus tends to become more transmissible as it declines in strength, so perhaps Omicron is a good thing in a way. And along with that, better treatments for fighting the virus.seem to be looming on the horizon.

Meanwhile, our numbers are exploding as never before. Thankfully, at least there is some mitigation due to high levels of vaccination. It's just that the government should have been proactive with the boosters. In my opinion there wasn't a good reason for making us wait for six months after the second shot, especially when you see them reducing it to three months now that we are in a bit of a crisis.

And . . . did you know . . .↓



20 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Yeah to getting your booster, now to find stock of the lateral flow tests!! I hope when we get our booster, we get a sticker! (lol). That Loyalty card is too funny.

I imagine COVID boosters will become like the flu & require yearly booster jabs. I hope who ever wrote that as virus become more transmissible that it means they are on their way out, is correct... I've had enough. I know, cue the moaning pity party.

Barbara Rogers said...

Fun card...and it may indeed become our yearly vaccination! We have a Senator who had been boosted who now says she has a "light case of COVID." I do hope that remains true, and that most of us can still avoid even that much! Hope you don't have many side effects of your boost.

gigi-hawaii said...

I am glad that you and Sue got your boosters. Very important. The case count here in Hawaii is surging again.

Marcia said...

Hey, no toaster being offered here. 😷

Sorry to hear the numbers are climbing again. Did read that NHL stopping games between teams in US and Canada. Hope you both and the family can stay clear of infection. We hope to do the same here but it creeps ever closer.

Merry Christmas!

Jenn Jilks said...

You are funny!

Jenn Jilks said...

P.S. I did not get a sticker! :'(

Rita said...

Glad you got your boosters!
I did not get a sticker, either.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

No stickers here peigher ☹️and ni toaster either, a clever card and suspect as others have said, boosters will become as annual as flu shots. Sorry to read about the escalating numbers.

Mage said...

LOL That's a good laugh. Thank you.

William Kendall said...

I'm hoping to get mine soon.

A fellow I know whose work is in the EMT field says that Covid is going to be endemic, like the flu, but decreasing its impact.

Boud said...

Well done for getting the whole set. Best we can do for now. That toaster may not be so unlikely! But what do you bet there will be small print??

Margaret said...

Yay for boosters and I love the meme, which may actually turn out to be true. Who really knows? I'm hoping that Omicron is way milder and takes over from Delta.

The Furry Gnome said...

Of course that'd be how they spell it!

Kay said...

I’m so glad you got your booster shot. I’m hearing of too many people who are telling me they got COVID even though they are boosted. The good thing is that they got mild cases, thank goodness.

Red said...

Covid is winning against our half heated attempts to fight it.

Debby said...

Don't lose that card....you just might need it....

peppylady (Dora) said...

Thank you for be responsible and getting both vax and boosted. I just don't get people who isn't be responsible to others. Both hubby and been vax and boosted. Plus wearing a mask.
Coffee is on and stay safe

MARY G said...

If we had got more vaccine to South Africa sooner, would we have Omicron? We will never know. I was and am willing to stay home and isolate if it means that vaccine will get to needy people. But I hear that in Africa there is a high degree of resistance to vaccines and some of what has reached them is not being used. Do not know how accurate this is.
In the meantime, I am signed up for the third shot. In early January and wait listed locally. I am pretty sure we are going to see Covid recur and recur like flu, indeed, I guess it IS flu, of a sort.
The YD got home. Meanwhile the website at her High Commission says 'Avoid Unnecessary Travel' Yeah.

Marie Smith said...

If we couldn’t chuckle through this, it would be unbearable.

MARY JAMES said...

One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work