Sunday, December 19, 2021

Lights on a Snowy Eve

It appears that it won't be a green Christmas after all. This pleases me.

It snowed a lot yesterday, not so much a ton of it, but it kept coming lightly for many hours. The contractor even came by sometime in the night to plow our driveway.

Sue and I scurried out to the driveway to snap some photos of the Christmas lights across the way. Sue wanted to try the night option on her new phone, and for some time, I have wanted to show you what we see out front. These are not grandiose mansions, but the effect is quite lovely and much appreciated..

This ↓ is directly across the street. That is Lena's tree on the right. Lena passed away almost two years ago, but the neighbour spent hours stringing her tree. The display on the left is so bright that Sue's phone refused to go into night mode to photograph it. With the controls on my camera, I was able to succeed.

It was still snowing, so we didn't even go all of the way down the driveway. I swung my camera to the right. Too bad about the cars, for there is a house beyond the vehicles that is also quite nice, but I can't see it well from street level. I do see them better in this direction from upstairs, but the one time that I tried to take a photo from upstairs, the window was frozen shut, and I haven't tried again.

We do need to take a little trip around town to see and photograph other houses. I tell myself that I have been waiting for snow, and while that is true, I am also so darn lazy and comfortable inside in the warmth.

17 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

I loathe night driving, but we really ought to get out too!

MARY G said...

You needed to be up around 2:00 am, last night. Pale green light, diffuse. Imthink it must have been Northern Lights, but the high cloud made it impossible to be sure. I wonder if Sue's new toy could have caught it.

Patio Postcards said...

The snow does make the Christmas outdoor light displays so much prettier. Hopefully this year your neighbours across the way don't have their display vandalized like last year.

Marie Smith said...

We plan a light viewing excursion. It’s an island thing. Covid won’t stop that at least!

Barbara Rogers said...

Me too, procrastinating about taking the neighborhood outdoor photos. Always going out in the evening might leave me without my parking spot, so I might end up walking down the hill from what's available. During the day I take my chances, and now about 50% of the time my space is still there. I got a walking stick to help me climb the hill. Goodness, I went on a rant here, sorry! I lvoe your snow shots! More More!!

Debby said...

I love the way your neighborhood decorates for Christmas.

Marcia said...

We got the snow too yesterday about 6 inches worth. Does something special to the landscape. Lighted candles in windows are popular here so we did the same for our second Christmas season here.

DJan said...

Lovely pictures of a beautiful neighborhood.

Red said...

there are some very eye catching decorated homes to see.

Vicki Lane said...

How lovely! I doubt we see snow this year.

Bindu said...

It is interesting to see the decorations people put on out! It really is a wonderful time of the year!

William Kendall said...

Lovely lights!

Margaret said...

The snow with the lights on the houses is magical. (but would be hard for me to photograph with my meager skills)

The Furry Gnome said...

Probably a white Christmas here too now.

peppylady (Dora) said...

It brighten up the night sky with those beautiful Christmas lights. It dark here by 4pm
Coffee is on and stay safe

Kay said...

I have to admit that almost all those Christmas light photos on my blog today was taken with Art’s newer iPhone 12. My XR could not compete.

MARY JAMES said...

One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work