Sunday, December 26, 2021

Sha's Birthday

What with all of the Christmas posts that have dominated this space, my daughter's birthday got a bit lost. I very seldom scrunch two topics into one post (although I do on occasion), so not all posts are timely. I also had to get the photos from Sue's phone.

Shauna was born on December 20 1972 and came home on Christmas Day, making her our Christmas baby, but we have always attempted not to let the season diminish her birthday. My grandfather was born on Christmas Day and opined that his birthday got lost in the other festivities. Indeed, I remember him coming to our apartment one Christmas, but I don't remember a birthday being included in the occasion.

Sha thought my card was pretty funny.

One of her early Halloween outfits was a Wonder Woman costume that Sue made, I think in Kindergarten but maybe grade one. For the Now portion, I composited her face into a Wonder Woman photo ↓ and that ↑ was her reaction.

Although both Danica and Jonathan were also amused, Lacey was totally unimpressed.

Sha hammed it up for gifts too. (All photos with Sue's phone that I, somehow, snafued for the event.)


My Christmas baby will be 50 next year. I am not sure how either she or I will cope with that milestone.

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Belated best wishes to your Wonder woman!

Boud said...

Great that you give her birthday her due! Mine's close to Christmas and people tend to skip over it if you don't make a noise. I used to envy sibs with summer birthdays. My brother was born on Christmas Eve, poor guy.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, sharing a birthday with Jesus (or anywhere near) must be hard. Such a cute Wonder Woman she is! Good job from the photographer! Even better from the mom who actually gave birth to her!!

Red said...

You do Sha's birthday justice and I can imagine the excitement in your house when she was born. I picked up both my kids (adoptees) about Dec.21-22. It was very exciting but their birthdays are in Oct.

PipeTobacco said...

My second oldest niece has a birthday in 1972, but in August. Birthdays close to Christmas can be a bit rough. My own, being at around US Thanksgiving (as was my Father’s too)….. mean they were also a bit overlooked like the near Christmas birthdays.

PipeTobacco

William Kendall said...

Happy birthday to her!

MARY G said...

Those are nice memory photos. Hey, my baby is 54, You will survive.

Margaret said...

She'll need to have a huge celebration for 50! I think having a birthday near Xmas must be very difficult but it sounds like you try to make her day special. (and fun!)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm sure you will handle it well, when your daughter turn 50.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy birthday to Sha! We December babies...
I love the reaction!

DJan said...

Happy birthday to Wonder(ful) Woman! Your pictures take me right into the action. Thank you for giving your gal a special birthday. :-)