Saturday, December 18, 2021

The First Selfies

Here is a little more about the phone situation and how we transitioned from Sue's older iPhone to her newer phone. It was easy after the old phone regenerated itself.

The morning after the old iPhone 6 stopped working, it came on again after Sue had left it plugged in all night. Somehow, it recognized that there had been a problem with the battery and magically put the phone into another mode so that it could function again. For how long this patch would endure, I have no idea, so it was imperative to get the now phone up and running.

Even I could manage this procedure because I have seen it done once before — earlier this year when my phone also gave up the ghost. I am fortunate to have a son-in-law who is a techie, so after watching him do my phone, I was confident that I could do Sue's. At least I was confident after I viewed a YouTube video that refreshed my memory.

All that I had to do was to place the two phones side by side. The new phone recognized the presence of the old phone. Then, I just followed the prompts and everything was ported over, and the new phone looked just like the old one. Pretty much all that was left to do afterward was to move the sim card from the old to the new. 

If the old phone hadn't regenerated overnight, I would have had to wait for SiL to do it manually, or even for my daughter to guide me through the procedure as she has upgraded iPhones manually through the older method once or twice.

When that was done, Sue and I wanted to reward ourselves with another coffee run to take selfies with her new pink phone, but in the transition, her iWatch had to do a major update. To accomplish this, Sue had to leave the watch on the charger and also keep the phone near the watch.

Sue settled for taking a few selfies at home.




17 comments:

Christina said...

Lovely photos! I like the ease of changing from an old to a new Apple device, suits my impatient personality.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great selfies, even if you had to drink home made coffee. Thanks for your comment on my blog...I can always count on you (mostly) to have a fun comment!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That certainly was an easy process, which as Christina commented is a nicety about iPhones, but then perhaps Androids have a similar process. I am unsure as never owned one. The unmasked selfies were lovely to see and the new phone does a wonderful job.

Marcia said...

Will I remember that process if ever I have to go through it? Not likely but do have two techies living close by who can do it in a snap. Thank goodness for the younger generation.

Ed said...

We went from iPhone 5's to iPhone 11 and we couldn't do the side by side thing for some reason. Either the software wasn't compatible or there wasn't enough room on the old phone to install the latest software that would allow us to do side by side porting. So we had to do it via phone and then backing up the new phone with the stored image of the old phone. That worked but took a loooonnnnggggg time and then I had to do it twice more.

William Kendall said...

Good portraits.

Margaret said...

Great photos! That is a very cool thing that iPhones do. My old and new phones wouldn't do that but I can't remember why. I think it's because my 7 was completely and utterly dead. My 12 Pro information came out of the cloud. I think it was ok except that I'm pretty sure I lost some photos. I can't allow myself to obsess on that.

Mage said...

You two are wonderful.

Red said...

The phone issue keeps you busy and challenged.

Marie Smith said...

Well done! You got the new phone set up and took great selfies!

The Furry Gnome said...

Great selfies!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Been thinking about up grading my phone. But I still don't need newest and latest phone.
Great photos and beautiful smiles.
Coffee is on and stay safe

DrumMajor said...

You two are a charming couple; very nice selfies. Linda in Kansas

Jenn Jilks said...

There are SOME things getting easier!

Bindu said...

Nice selfies!
You are a lovely couple

Rita said...

Congrats on getting the new phone set up.
Nice selfies. :)

MARY JAMES said...

One of the best decision i ever made was contacting Dr Otonokpo to help me get my lover back, I was life filled with happiness after i contacted Dr Otonokpo because he didn't just bring my lover back to me he also made our love for each other more unique and superb. If you need to spice your relationship with more love and attention contact Dr Otonokpo on his Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com, call/whatsapp him via his contact +2348114129781 and be happy just like i am, thanks Dr Otonokpo for your great work