Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Remaining Yellows

On another cold, but not too windy, morning, I ventured out, hardy soul that I am. Just to the park around the corner. They call it Anthony Curro, but I can never remember its name and desperately want to call it Arlo Guthrie Park.

Actually, I was headed to the path beyond the park, but I never got there, for this little sight grabbed my attention.


I love it: tall yellow grasses behind a frosted fence. You can see the frost on the topside of the rails.

The park also has a few tamarack trees. They are unusual in the they are needle-leaved, like the conifers, but they turn colour and drop their leaves like their deciduous counterparts. That makes them deciduous conifers. Cool.


I thought it best to photograph one with a dark background so the yellow could stand out, but that is easier said than done, and one works with what is there. I accomplished it only in part in the above photo.

10 comments:

Tabor said...

Lovely as always. You have the photographers eye for light and contrasting subjectss.

Marie Smith said...

Love that photo of the frosty fence.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great yellows...and I like the second for the asymmetrical arrangement. Everything seems well balanced.

Jenn Jilks said...

Last ones?

Terrible pun... I hope you scrape up something for tomorrow! :-)

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I think this is the tree we call larch. What a beautiful photograph of it.

Mage said...

You have the best eye.

Joanne Noragon said...

I like the way you used yellows.

William Kendall said...

Tamaracks are magical to see this time of year.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Both photos are lovely. I am presently visiting my daughter in NY State. Disappointed in the foliage. Home next Tuesday and will get back to "normal".

Vicki Lane said...

The tamarack is beautiful!