Monday, November 25, 2019

A Chippy Game

I may get back to the parade, or the pre-parade, but for today, I am posting photos from Jonathan's most recent hockey game — yesterday. It is not the best of teams this year, and they have yet to win. I knew this would be another tough game when the opponents scored within the first minute of play. It could have been worse; the final score was only 6-1, and the team did get that one goal, which is something. It is a strange position for JJ as his team came within a whisker of winning the league championship in both of the last two years. This year, they are winless.

Onto the photos. I do have a few of JJ this time, so I will post those first. He was playing forward yesterday, so I saw a little more of him in action than when he plays defence.




A few other photos.



Our goalie was a busy fellow.


Last but not least, we have a girl player who was right into it, so I feature her in the final two photos. She is really waging war in the second photo. It was a very chippy game with must jostling and stick whacking. In the final few minutes, we had a player injured (not seriously) due to a vicious hit against the boards, and they aren't supposed to hit at all at this level.





4 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

These are excellent, as always, AC. I know you're so proud of your grandies, as I'm sure they are of you.

Marie Smith said...

Yay for the girl playing with the boys. It looks like JJ is a good skater.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

They all look very professional. I'm proud of the boys letting the girl play. Oh, and I love the photos of the Small Town Christmas parade.

William Kendall said...

Things should pick up.