Thursday, November 07, 2019

First Snow

It sort of is and sort of isn't the first snow. I mean to say that there were a few flakes on the ground yesterday. But this morning, there are a few inches.

I might have been tempted to go out with the camera if it weren't still snowing, but in the event, I mollified myself by taking a few shots from my window — just a couple a graphical photos of the roof lines across the street. It's something, and I am more drawn to these sorts of photos than I used to be.



So it begins. As usual I am late with my snow tires. This is partly because I am forgetful, partly because I am a procrastinator, and partly because I dislike snow tires. They increase road noise and don't engender joy in my spirit. lol

Now, you all go ahead and have a nice day in Hawaii and California or wherever. Don't give a sympathetic thought to this poor, old Canadian. 👴😇😉



15 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

I love those roof lines. Stay warm!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great idea to take photos from inside. My windows are tinted, so they keep me from doing so...and I do remember New England and St. Louis winters when snow tires were needed. My father even tried chains one year. Ugh.

Marcia said...

My daughters, one in Buffalo and one in New Hampshire will be getting snow soon too.

Tabor said...

Brrrr. Seems that our predicted snow will be rain. Those photos are haunting, though.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Keep warm. We are going to have snow in Northeast Ohio today, too, but I hope less that you had. Still, three of the next ten days are supposed to be snowy and I've heard some warnings about a tough winter. Ugh! I do love beautiful snows but am not crazy about the cold nor about high heating bills!

Should Fish More said...

13f in Butte this morning, got our first snow about 3 weeks ago; hasn't stuck yet, but it will, it will. By end on the month there'll be a foot on the ground, then 2-3 feet. Lawns will become visible again in late April. You're not alone, AC.

Marie Smith said...

We are getting snow here overnight. Could you keep it though? Another bit won’t be too much of a bother.

Country Gal said...

WOW ! I saw on the weather channel and on my Facebook how much snow some got farther north of us . The sun is shining for us down here right now we did have light snow falling earlier this morning but no accumulation as of yet . Hubs who still does his own changed over to his snow tires last weekend . It is damp and cold out here though and I don't like it lol .

William Kendall said...

It started in the city around ten last night.

Joanne Noragon said...

Snow at your house means snow soon at mine. It started here tonight.

Shammickite said...

It's only snow!!!! Be brave.

Mage said...

Again, I like the drama of that first shot.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These are haunting snow pictures. They capture a sense of mystery.

Jenn Jilks said...

Great shots. It was such a pretty surprise in the morning.

Kay said...

Hmmmmm.... We will actually be traveling this winter which is not a happy thought.