Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Christmas Parade Outtakes

Courtesy of Sue: AC taking a photo while it was still light enough for it to turn out to be half decent.


AC and Bob chimping an image (chimping = looking it over on the screen and possibly saying "ooh ooh" like we imagine that chimpanzees might do).


Sue and Bob had a good natter. Bob is my opposite. Strangely to me, he likes people and likes to actually talk to them. Sue likes people too. I just don't understand.


Bob took some video with his phone. I just used my camera and alternated between video and stills. I took more video footage than usual but still not a lot.



This lady was also happily using her phone. Being an older gentleman, I remember when the only thing you could do on a phone was talk. I used to actually like to talk on the phone, but that was a long time ago, and I can't stand it (using the phone) now. I blame my poor hearing in part, but only in part.


I previously reported that our parade consists mostly of trucks, so when dancers or bands came by I was tempted to try to video them. This is a small pipe band playing Jingle Bells.


9 comments:

MARY G said...

Great story photos. Given the light, you did your usual amazing job. And I looked up the band from yesterday. A real find. Thanks.

Shammickite said...

Nice memories of your Santa Claus Parade. Our town's SC parade is on Dec 7 in the evening, but I have another event to go to at that time so you won't be seeing any pics of the REAL Santa.

Jenn Jilks said...

This is really fun!
I cannot stand crowds. I'm good with people one-on-one, but I hear you.

I find a certain reluctance to phone, as well. It wasn't all that long ago that we bought a cell phone. Hubby only uses it for calling home. No one had the number. Things have changed since we dumped the landline. It still doesn't ring much!

Vicki Lane said...

I love the word 'chimping' and shall forthwith add it to my vocabulary.

William Kendall said...

I like the pipe band.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm a sucker for pipes. Great little band.

Marie Smith said...

Can only imagine how cold it was for the pipers!

Barbara Rogers said...

Nice to see you included with the others! I've decided I'm an introvert, and feel best when I'm alone...but have some fun with small numbers of people too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sure wish we had a holiday parade to attend, but not even sure any are around this area. Thanks for sharing yours.