Saturday, February 09, 2019

Well I Never

A silly FB meme, but it gives bloggers something to play with when we dry up. I have 4 Nevers, but I did the best that I could on one impossibility (see #7), so I think it's really three by any sane measure.

Image may contain: text


No Tattoo. I came close a few years ago when I was fiddling and thought seriously of getting a fiddle tat. Then I wondered just how long I would keep it up. As it turned out, arthritic problems caused me to give it up after about 5 years. I had fun for those 5 years, but I'm glad that I didn't get a permanent tat.

No Children Birthed. I guess this goes without saying, but I was very present for the birth of my second child (wasn't allowed in for the first) — both for the conception and the delivery.

No Broken Bone. I have done damage to myself but haven't broken a bone. This is too bad in a way because broken bones heal, but some injuries don't so well. So, I limp around a bit with damage to my foot.

Not Been Divorced. Almost at the 50th and holding fast.

Feel free to grab onto this meme.

For another post, maybe I will pick some from the list that I have done.



8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

A fun exercise. I have five nevers.

William Kendall said...

No tattoos, never birthed a kid (obviously), never been divorced, never seen the Grand Canyon, never changed a diaper.

Mage said...

4 here.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

No tattoo, never been divorced, no broken bone. I did punch someone but I must have been about six or seven years old when it happened. But after thinking it over, I won't make it an
I never"...

Wendy said...

I can't believe this. I was babysitting my 10 year old grandson yesterday who was home from school with a cold. Guess what game he wanted to play?

Never have I Ever! Well, he and his older sister had made up a zillion questions, printed them up (I think Mom did this part), cut them out on tiny strips of paper and jammed them all in a cardboard box.

I went first. "Never have I EVER: peed in a swimming pool". Well, my face turned bright red, because yes, I had done that and because of the game I had to admit this to my grandson.

He fell over laughing, of course, more than likely due to the image conjured up in his mind. I did hasten to explain I was talking about my young, childish self; NOT my Grandma self! LOL.

OK - no tats, never fired a gun (unless you're talking a squirt gun or toy gun), cracked a bone in my finger so I guess that counts as 1/2 point, as it wasn't completely broken.

Fun game - do NOT play with the grands. LOL!

Mara said...

I have five nevers. Might take it up this week as I have plenty of time (for now) and not much to do (yet).

Shammickite said...

2 points for me, tattoo and divorce.... came close to both though.

Jenn Jilks said...

Wow, nearly 50! Is there a party planned??!!
A friend of hubby's is managing cancer, still in treatment, they are planning a big party in the spring. I hope he makes it. It's good to have things to look forward to.