Thursday, February 21, 2019

Changeover

I promise not to cat blog you to death, but I likely will post from time to time. Today, I am posting of a name change as Abby becomes Lacey.

We weren't terribly fond of the Abby moniker, but that was how she came to us. But what name would fit her?

We had noticed that she has a white ring that circles the back of her neck. She has  a white belly and bib, but  a little ring of white goes all the way around the back. We fancied that it was like a necklace (yes, aren't pet owners silly?) and then came up with the name, Lacey. So we are trying it out.

The proof.







And since we are here, this is the spot where she spends much of her time, on our bed, both during daytime and nighttime. Her other daytime spot is on the couch, but she spends the whole night on the bed. On a good day, which this wasn't, the sun streams in through the west facing window.



Also ... the mouth of a predator. I had my longer lens on and she was too close for me to focus properly, but ...


11 comments:

Shammickite said...

She's a lovely little kitty no matter what her name is. I like cats but can't have one as my DIL is very allergic and she'd never come to visit me if I had a cat living here!

Marie Smith said...

Love the origin of the name! Hope you get years of enjoyment with her.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

She is a darling and I think Lacey fits her very well!

Mage said...

How does she react to the name change?

William Kendall said...

She's very photogenic!

Joanne Noragon said...

I wonder what our cats name us.

Mara said...

Hey, while you start about your cat, I will start with taking close-ups of flowers (orchids in fact).

A Cuban In London said...

What a cutie! :-)

Greetings from London.

PipeTobacco said...

I like the name Lacey quite a bit! It suits her well.

Vicki Lane said...

So pretty! She seems quite content.

Jenn Jilks said...

So many cats needing homes. I'm glad you have her.