Monday, February 25, 2019

A Playoff Game

Jonathan's team was in the consolation round of the playoffs on the weekend. This means that they had a chance to be competitive against other teams that are not the strongest in the league.

They had three games, and we attended the one nearest us. The arena was a bit foggy, which compounds the problem of photographing through thick glass. Lightroom has a dehaze slider which helps cut through the haze a bit, but, of course, it just helps and is not perfect.

They won this game 4-0 after wining their first game 6-2. Apparently, they lost their third game by a 2-1 score, and it was a very good match.

I am not sure if the boys are to play another playoff round or this this is it after the loss in the third game. This could be my last hockey shoot of the season

On to the pictures, such as they are with the haze. I'll begin with two which include Jonathan. He is in the middle in both photos.




I like this one crossing the blue line. To stay onside, the puck carrier has to cross the line first. They were successful in this case.



Our goalie faced the shooter and won the duel in this case.



Some teams have girl players. There's one in the next photo and in some of the others. There seems to be another too although I only noticed one when I was shooting. (I miss a lot when I am with the camera, which is one reason why I don't always take it with me, Our team is all boys because our town has an effective girls program.



A few action shots.





9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Great blue line shot! The season goes by so quickly!

Mage said...

Just powerful stuff. Thank you.

MARY G said...

You have really done well with the stop action, given the lighting conditions. Your tough little hockey player will cherish these when he grows up.

Tabor said...

That close-up action shot of your grandson is my favorite. It captures it all.

Hena Tayeb said...

You got some terrific action shots!

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Shammickite said...

Great pictures. I love going to the grandies' hockey games but I won't be sorry when it's all over for the season. Twice a day on Saturday and twice a day on Sunday sitting in a cold arena is wearing me out! And then it will be softball season!

William Kendall said...

These are good action shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

You do so well with these shots! Good work.
One grandy of mine does fencing, the other kendo. A little far away, though!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

This post took me back North. We lived in NY State then and my middle son loved hockey and was pretty good at it. I wish we had some pictures of that … Jonathan will love looking back on these.