Friday, February 15, 2019

Back to Macros

I hadn't done any macro photography for a week or more, but with Sue out and with nothing else to do, it was time to play again.

I returned my attention to the good ole polka dot plant and later focus-stacked 6 photos that were shot sans flash.



Then I used the flash for 8 photos this time — 8 photos, and I still didn't get everything in focus.



I find that there is just a little more life to the avec flash version, and although you can't really tell at this resolution, the background is a little less dark and somewhat more textured.

I put away both the tripod and the flash, lay the petals on glass to see if I could get a reflection, which I did get a little bit: one shot, handheld, no flash.



Something unique happened today. After the big snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, there was some melting today (Friday). No, there's not a whole lot of warming in the forecast for the next two weeks, but one still feels a modicum of optimism.

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Mage said...

The mirror image shot is lovely.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Hi AC. I can't believe how far behind I let myself get on your blog. I just checked back and couldn't believe the snow, so sorry about having to let your beloved cat go, chuckled at the Valentine card (you old smoothie) and loved these images. I'll try to do better. Hi to the whole family.

Marie Smith said...

My favourite is the last one.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a wonderful hobby!