Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Last Game

Monday night was Jonathan's last game of the regular season. The regular season. Playoffs start (and maybe end for all I know) on the weekend, with three games scheduled. Not being a very strong team, they are in the consolation section, but that is good as it means that they have a chance to be competitive.

The coach switched all of the payers around for fun. They lost handily as a result, or maybe they would have anyway, but fun is important.

That is how JJ ended up playing forward rather than defence, which meant that I got more shots of him in one game than I have all year. So please excuse the somewhat excessive number of photos (and realize that I could have posted more).

When he saw them, he asked for this one ↓ to be printed. I was a bit surprised as it is not the one that I would have chosen. It does show him being active, but the play is away from him. I do like that we can see the bench in the background, albeit the other team's bench, but it gives the context.



Here are a few that I like better. (Reminder: #6 in white.)

In the middle: hunting down the puck

Hoping for a pass and a goal

A scramble and opportunity near the goal

A head-on view.

Hard after the puck

A real chance

In pursuit

Concentration

8 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

These are terrific. And how nice that the coach knows it's about having fun.

Marie Smith said...

Great action shots, AC.

Jenn Jilks said...

So, I guess its playoffs???

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

These are great photos! I'm glad the team has a good coach!

Shammickite said...

Great hockey photos. I was at my grandson's playoff game last night, lots of shouting and cheering and making a lot of noise. And I had fun. And the team won 4-1 which was a bonus.

Mage said...

Wonderful grandson photos. You burst with pride over both kids. It's so good to see.

William Kendall said...

I do like his choice.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seems like just yesterday when you posted his first forays onto the hockey rink and now look at JJ play.