Sunday, February 17, 2019

Going Very Small

After having a go at photographing the polka dot plant in the morning (see previous post), I turned my attention back to the African violet, about which I have also previously posted.

This was all done handheld, single shot (no focus stacking) without taking much care, but just looking and firing.

I liked this one, peering past the petal into the yellow heart of the flower.



Then, I thought that I would see what I could do with a tiny bud almost hidden underneath the larger blooms. If you know these plants, then you know just how tiny these buds are. Without a tripod, I am happy enough with the result.






12 comments:

Mara said...

If you would have told me that last photo was of a bright purple bug, I would have believed you! Nature is so much fun!

Marie Smith said...

Great shots, AC.

Jenn Jilks said...

The texture is amazing!!!! Can't wait to see the cat!
I want to bring them home everytime I see one in the media, but we have to keep stasis now. Both are getting along, and things are settling out.

Joanne Noragon said...

(O)

Mage said...

I like that first one. Joanne is right. O

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

You are having TOO MUCH FUN! Fascinating.

Tabor said...

You are challenging me!! I do a bit of macro in summer with bugs, but now you make me want to try at home. I have a tripod...so no excuse.

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, yes! Especially the bud...

Donna said...

I love macro...anything. These are great.
Hughugs

Jenny Woolf said...

There is something a bit surreal about that bud - it looks like some kind of creature from outer space, very much alive! :) I like it very much. It's such an unusual take on this plant.

KGMom said...

Another wonderful way to view nature.

William Kendall said...

Very cool!