Thursday, February 14, 2019

Heart Day

Sue decorates for every season, mostly changing little displays here and there. There are dollar store tinsel sort of hearts strewn about the dining room table. This is a macro of one of the tiny things.



A little fun with a tulip macro. I took a slice and made it into a heart shape. Then I took another slice for the background and added a texture. Finally, I duplicated the right side of the original image and flipped/copied it over the the left side so that both sides are the same. I didn't have to do the flip but decided to ... because I could, I guess.


I used the heart for Sue's card: Still Hearting You.



The inside: an image from our courting days. I think we were off to a church choir event, but this was one of her bridesmaids dresses, so who knows. The to be continued follows up on the still hearting you theme on the front.



Hope you all have a hearty sort of day.

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful job! Have a great day you two!

Shammickite said...

How sweet! Happy Valentine's Day to you both!

Vicki Lane said...

Love your photoshop skills!

Joanne Noragon said...

Aren't you the complete romantic! But, we knew that. You and Sue have a wonderful day. Life. Forever.

PipeTobacco said...

AC:

I really appreciate having you as a friend to learn from relating to photography. The things you show and post from your own work have often inspired me to try harder at my own (rather feeble) efforts at taking more artistically beautiful images. My own, perhaps due to my "sciencey" mindset often look horribly clinical and unappealing.

I really love (pun intended) the macro of the tiny, shinny heart! Is it by chance using your circle lens flash? If so, have the adapter issues you originally wrote about been able to be solved?

Your snow looks similar to what we experienced. I am glad you did not get the icy part.... it added an extra hurdle to overcome, unfortunately.

PipeTobacco

Mage said...

You and Sue were Beautiful and still are. Love all the pictures. George is still coughing but I love him anyway. (I was amazed that I have 100,900 photos of him in his folder on my HD.) You two have fun today.

William Kendall said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a sweet photo!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yours is obviously a continuing love affair as shown by the sweet homemade card to Sue. Belated Valentines day wishes to you both. Your photo taking and editing tecniques are always enjoyable to read about and mire so to see the results, John...thanks again.

Jenny Woolf said...

What a nice and creative card! ALways the best sort!