Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Boy Helps Again

JJ was dragooned into service again on the weekend. He and grandma weeded. Grandpa didn't.




We added new mulch last year but had a bag left over. JJ hauled it to the back and spread it out on the two little beds back there.



Good job lady and gent.


========================

As for my health, there's nothing new to report. I remain on meds until Wednesday, and I am no longer feverish. However, night sweats continue. 

I don't understand. I can be sitting in my chair for hours, reading or whatever, and there is never a hint of sweating. Then, I get sleepy, stay in place (or sometime not), turn the lights out, and wake up soaked about an hour later. I wet 4 tees last night. It doesn't matter whether I am in the chair or in the bed; I wake up wet, and feel the need to change after almost every hour. After about five hours of this, I get up for good, and then there are no more sweats until the next night.

My hope is that when the meds have run their course, so will the sweats.

And DrumMajor may be pleased to know that I have added prebiotic yogurt to my diet. Oops, yes folk, probiotic.


19 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Geese, such wonderful gardeners there! I hope you all can enjoy sitting out there sipping something in the evenings sometimes. Sorry that the sweats thing is still a bother for you, and I do hope they go when you've finished those antibiotics. Our bodies are sure strange, even though we've inhabited them this long...surprises can still happen. Yes to pre- or pro-biotics after doing antibiotics, so you can get your gut back into good working order after killing everything off.

MARY G said...

I have been looking for a post, hoping your health was improving. I want a grandson like that ... or, grandkid. Used to have them. Sigh.
Glad you are hanging in there. JG gets night sweats also, and no reasonable explanation has ever been given us.
Just bought four new thick and absorbent tees.
The red light from the smoke filter is weird, but I have not been able to capture the effect well in a photo. Not enough distance around here, I think.
Isn't that 'probiotic', or am I way off in space?

Red said...

Super grandson you have who will help out when you need it.

roentare said...

Such a good help around in the garden. At least for the labour.

Granny Sue said...

I was hoping for good news. At least the fever is gone, so that is definitely good. Great job, gardeners!

DJan said...

I had nightly sweats like that when I went through menopause. It was no fun, as you know, but it did eventually moderate and left me in peace. I can only hope the same will happen for you.

Marie Smith said...

No fever. Check. No night sweats…soon!

Joanne Noragon said...

JJ is a great kid! I hope you get over this soon.

Margaret said...

How wonderful to have such a helpful grandson! The night sweating would be SO annoying. If you no longer have a fever, I see no reason for it. Don't our bodies cool down at night? It makes no sense to me at all!

DrumMajor said...

Maybe you should just give up being dry and sleep in the swimming pool on one of those foam floatie mattresses. Keep the doc posted about that. Glad you got the yogurt. I'm not familiar with "Pre"s vs Pros but I hate eating enough yogurt to help the cause. Good Luck! Linda in Kansas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The wet t-shirt situation you are dealing with most certainly be annoying not only from being uncomfortable but going through so much clothing. It seems curious that the med professionals have no answer and neither do any of us. Kudos to JJ and Sue on the yardwork.

Liz Hinds said...

You're preaching to the converted when you tell women about night sweats!
Great work, Grandson and Grandma.

Marcia said...

Hate to bring this up but ... Google "Are night sweats a symptom of cancer?" Maybe you should have another conversation with your doctor.

gigi-hawaii said...

You remind me of David. He sweats at night, too. Maybe because he is hairy. Me? I am hairless and don't sweat.

RedPat said...

JJ is a good kid.

Jeanie said...

What a great kid! And I guess no news is good news, healthwise. At least I'll interpret it that way (apart from sweats!)

PipeTobacco said...

Have you possibly been eating a higher fat content food near bedtime? I find I will have a drenching sweat when I sleep on the occasions I eat a high fat snack (big snack) before bed.

PipeTobacco

Jenn Jilks said...

Nice job, and good you took it easy!

William Kendall said...

Good of them to do.