Thursday, June 22, 2023

Feverish

I have been reading quite a bit lately. As I sit in my chair, very often a very tiny insect will light upon the pages. How can something that small live and reproduce? Life is remarkable. Even if we destroy our civilization (if we can call it that), life will go on for quite some time and will likely do much better without us.

==================

Speaking of life going on, I developed a fever on Tuesday and slept even worse and less than usual. As I have done sometimes in the past, I had thought of going out for a solstice sunrise photo yesterday. I wouldn't have gone far, but I still couldn't summon the energy to drag myself out.

The photo that I had in mind was something like this one.


I took that ↑ in mid-July 2022. I had been hoping for the sun to rise directly over the road, but you can see ole sol didn't cooperate. I wonder if it would have been closer to the centre on June 21.  I do like the photo even though it wasn't 100% what I wanted.

==================

This fever (only 100-101) is my first health issue of that ilk since pre-Covid. Hardly anybody masks anymore, so it was bound to happen sooner or later. But I haven't been around people much. I went to the pharmacy in Monday for just a short while, but it wasn't very crowded. Otherwise, we have been picking-up our grocery orders due to that other problem, so my exposure to germs has been very limited.

I was close to family on Father's Day, but they're all fine, so I must have been exposed must have been the pharmacy – somehow. Of course, it could be due to internal reasons.

Meanwhile, as I sit and type this at 5:30am, I am first hot and then cold. At least I am not lukewarm, so 
shouldn't be spewed out of any deity's mouth — at least not for this reason.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth. (Revelations 3:20)

==================

I don't know how long it has been since I contracted shingles, and searching my archives is of no help. I didn't have a bad case because Sue spotted it toute-de-suite. I got a shot right away to fight it and then got another vax a year or so later to, hopefully, prevent a recurrence. That vax wasn't covered, so it cost $200. Not long after, the Health Department added it and authorized payment from then on, so everybody after me got it for free. Of course, they did.

I think got the outbreak around this time of year, and it feels as though that spot gives me some pain every year around this time. It's not terrible, but it is a reminder. I was fortunate to not have had a major event.


 




16 comments:

MARY G said...

You have had a plethora of problems. I hope they cease soon and that you are back on the road photographing in comfort ... and watching for cars coming up behind you.
Must get shingles shot and thans for the reminder.
We had four baby racoons playing in the yard last night, sadly in less light than I thought I needed to get pictures. But my daughter says the phone camera might work. if they come back, I will try that.
I hope the cute little monsters move away from home when they are grown. Mama chewed up our recycle bag last week.

Boud said...

I hope you feel better soon. There are a lot of viruses around, aside from covid, and I think we're more vulnerable because of being so sheltered before, during the pandemic.

Marcia said...

Sorry to read this. Hope it's a virus with a quick recovery and not a precursor of other problems.

Marie Smith said...

I hope all of these issues pass soon, AC. You have lots more photos to take…

DJan said...

I too hope you feel better soon. You've had way too much "stuff" going on to now contract a virus!

Karen said...

Oh oh, any chance it's related to your on going bladder issue? UTI's are the devils work.

Barbara Rogers said...

Sounds like me, going to chuch feeling just fine 2 weeks ago. Then congestion started by the first hymn. Slowly had cold symptoms till 4 days later, also woke with fever and went to Dr. Also had some UTI symptoms, so got antibiotic for that which should help with any other infections (but not a virus). Still fighting the little buggies of whatever kind, but no more fevers at least. Hope you have better luck. I will continue wearing a mask in crowds...like church. Good lesson here! That's a great photo, and I know there's a few famous ones from various cities when the sunset goes right along a highway. But I think yours looks better to the side, showing just what that country road goes through.

RedPat said...

Be well and take it easy for a while.

Margaret said...

I hope you're better soon! You don't deserve any more health problems. That shot is beautiful; I love sunrise and sunset photos.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a pain-in-the-arse!
I hope you get on top of things soon. Cheering for you from Perth!

DrumMajor said...

Sooo, the RN who infiltrates your Blogland wonders when you're going to the doc? 100 people a day still die of covid in the U.S., mostly oldish folks like us and those who didn't get vaxed. You could even be creeping up an infection that you can't feel in that darn bladder of yours. Just a thought. Do you have urgent care centers there? Linda in Kansas

Granny Sue said...

Beautiful photo, AC. I hope the fe er is a passing thing and doesn't linger. You deserve a break!

Vicki Lane said...

A beautiful sunrise shot. And you remind me I really should get the new shingles shot...

Red said...

Keep on top of these things . It seems that when person is down that sometimes it's easier for something else to cause a problem. I hope you have a rapid recovery.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Wish you a speedy recovery. What are you reading.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

William Kendall said...

Ouch. I was seriously sick in April, but think it was triggered by the emotional stress of grief.