Monday, June 05, 2023

Riverview and Lavender

What a pleasant change!


We hadn't really sat at our favourite spot by the river yet this season, so we picked up coffee and a light lunch and did just that. The car was just behind us, so it wasn't a trek to get the chairs out of the car and set them up. Sue did most of the grunt work, just to save the old boy from extra strain.


I've shown similar photos any number of times, but here we are once again; upriver ↑ and downriver ↓ .


On the way home. we stopped in front of a house where peonies were blooming. There were irises too, but the colour of the peonies was what drew Sue's attention, for she is on lavender week with her photo group, and the peonies were pretty darn close to that colour.

I was happy with this phone macro.


Once we arrived at ours, we found some more lavender-coloured (or close to lavender) ground phlox at the across-the-street neighbour's.


All photos are from my phone. I am not in a mood to lug the big beast about, and at the same time, I am interested in experimenting with the phone a little more.


17 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You have quite a beautiful spot by the river to sit. You both look quite content. I like the idea of a colour week & lavender is such a pretty colour.

DJan said...

Lavender looks about right to me. I love your macro of the peony. Beautiful!

DJan said...

Lavender looks about right to me. I love your macro of the peony. Beautiful!

Boud said...

That river looks like a place near here where I like to go and watch birds fishing.

Barbara Rogers said...

Your young Mississippi is looking good on a bright morning! Lavender it is, and great phone photos...very dark background for bright flowers!!

Red said...

God that you got out for a bit.

gigi-hawaii said...

Very colorful photos. Love your cap and Sue's hats. Amazing what the iPhone can do.

RedPat said...

Your phone shots are great. Looks like a nice day.

Vicki Lane said...

A beautiful spot. I'm sure the change did you good.

Liz Hinds said...

That is a gorgeous photo of the peony!

Margaret said...

I would love to sit by that river with coffee! Delightful. Lavender and pink are hard for me to distinguish from one another. The peony close up is beautiful!

roentare said...

Gorgeous sunny day to be out and about. I will try to get some sunshine here hopefully less dull atmosphere in life

Marie Smith said...

Glad you could get out and about a bit, AC. It is cold and wet here.

William Kendall said...

That's a good spot to relax in.

Damselfly said...

What a gorgeous looking day, and the last two photos are fabulous!!!
Hope your week continues to be bright, sunny, and positive.

DB Stewart said...

I like your flat-cap. It looks like the Stewart tartan, my clan. Thumbs up.

Jenn Jilks said...

I've been experimenting with my phone, too!
Good work. My peonies are budding!