Monday, June 19, 2023

Shooting Sue

As might expected, my interest in photography has recently been non-existent. But I am now untethered and feeling quite a bit better, so when Sue needed some photo for her ongoing 365 project, I was er volunteered.

I was still happy to leave my camera ay home and shoot with her phone. It wasn't a great problem, for as I have opined previously in this space, the phone does a very fine job in certain kinds of situations. Photographing people with a phone in good daylight can work extremely well.

We drove to the park around the corner and took these photos.



We kept walking along the path that you see above to the bench by the water to get the photo that Sue had uppermost in mind. I don't know what she likes best, but I prefer the above portraits. Nevertheless, the following bench photos suited a theme that she needed to follow.

The first photo shows the context; the second is closer and shows Sue and her outlook better.



It was good to get out, and I am pleased with the results.


16 comments:

Boud said...

I love those back views. Really good composition. What was the theme?

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

roentare said...

These are elegant and cultural portraits with a unique style

DJan said...

I love them all, but especially the second one. Nice job! :-)

Marie Smith said...

Nice work, AC. Great subject!

Joanne Noragon said...

Those last two shots are classics.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, another convert to iPhone convenience...just joking. You can use your zoom lens anytime and create masterpieces. My fav. is the last.

Margaret said...

Those last two are incredible in their composition. I can't decide which one I prefer of the last two. Both frameworthy.

MARY G said...

You certainly should be pleased with all of these, not to mention the sartorial splendour of Sue.
So glad you are out and about, both of you.

Patio Postcards said...

Fabulous photos of Sue. Shooting Sue ... can we at least say photographing Sue or am I being too much of a snowflake?

Vicki Lane said...

These are all lovely and Sue is, as always, beautifully elegant. But it's the last shot that really speaks to me-- very painterly.

Anvilcloud said...

@Patio: but it's not alliterative that way. 😜

Liz Hinds said...

I love the last one but the others are very glamorous.

RedPat said...

Sue always looks so elegant.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As always, Sue is a great model and her choice of outfits was right on and whike it is always lovely to see the front views, that last one is my choice.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm just getting caught up! Glad you are enjoying your freedom!