Wednesday, June 07, 2023

Pruning and Cutting

We had a lilac bush that had gone off-kilter (or should I write, all catawampus?), partly due to broken branches due to that nasty but short-lived winter ice storm back in April. 

Sue asked our ex-sil if he would help us prune it. Sure enough, he and JJ came over and set to work.


Only a few days prior, I had noticed that the adjacent tree, a silk lilac, was rotting at the trunk. So, although we hadn't been expecting it, they cut that too — all of the way down in that case. Sue's collages tell much of the story.



==================

In other news, I think I have more or less figured out the lights-in-cars of which I posted yesterday. I think the sun is so dull that it is hardly lighting up the atmosphere, but it's central beams were enough to poke through and cause little spotlights.

==================

And . . . if you are reading this after 9AM, Wednesday, there is a good chance that I am already out of surgery, but the plan is to stay in overnight. Maybe I'll even post from the hospital bed tomorrow. We'll see about hospital wifi, however, as I don't have a phone plan that gives me a ton of cellular coverage.


19 comments:

DJan said...

I hope that it all went well in surgery. I look forward to hearing about it in an upcoming post. :-)

Kipper said...

Hope everything went well and here’s to a speedy recovery! 🤞👏

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All good thoughts are with you, AC, that all went well with the surgical procedure, AC, and that you could get a good night's rest afterwards.

Looks like grandson and ex-SIL made a good team in helping with the pruning chores.

Barbara Rogers said...

Fabulous lilac trimmers they were! Careful to wear protective equipment too. So glad to know you're getting fixed up and will have relief from those problems. Looking forward to hearing how it went, and how many nurses you had to fend off from flirting with you! (When Sue was out of the room of course.)

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice job! Good luck with the surgery and post-op care.

RedPat said...

Good luck and I hope it all works well this time.

Margaret said...

Hoping for the best from surgery! How wonderful that they came over and did so much trimming and cutting work. Wasn't JJ a little kid when I first started reading your blog??

Marie Smith said...

Hope it is a successful procedure and a speedy recovery, AC. Take care!

Jenn Jilks said...

Hope all is well with your surgery.
Good to have such helpers. What a vrew!

Boud said...

Good wishes on a successful surgery and fast recovery.

Vicki Lane said...

Blessings to you. I hope all is going well (and that the smoke abates,) Interesting phenomenon, the 'lights in cars.'

Debby said...

my best wishes for you.

PipeTobacco said...

I am not good at pruning. I wish I was better at it myself.

I hope your surgery went well….. and after you recover…. no more need for a damn catheter!! Wishing you a very speedy and comfortable recovery!!!

PipeTobacco

Joanne Noragon said...

Wonderful to have the pruning job done, in the garden and in the hospital. Hurry home.

William Kendall said...

Hopefully it went well.

roentare said...

Great to have a friendly neighbor

Judy from Maine said...

Trust all went well and soon you will be able to share your wonderful photography with us..

MARY G said...

Wishing you well and well recovered! And, hah, I solved the light question too.

Jeanie said...

So nice to have help outside! Good neighbors rock.