Sunday, May 01, 2022

Remembering the NYE Fireworks

Perhaps over the next little while, I will post photos that have been languishing in my Blogger folder. Of course, you will remember that I posted of the New Year's Eve fireworks several times back then, but there are some that didn't make the cut at the time. 

Fireworks go quickly, so once I get my camera in place, I leave it these and make click after click. So, the set never changes, just the bursts. I can't remember now, but the first two may be composites, or fake double exposures as it were.




Experts recommend getting your pictures early while the sky remains relatively free of smoke, but I deliberately took a very smoky one at the end. I quite like it.


For two years, the Canada Day fireworks have been cancelled due to you know what, but I'm pretty sure that they will go this year on July 01. If possible, I will be there.

============================

Briefly, in current news, of which there is precious little to report, we have begun to do a little garden cleanup. Begun. Little. Yesterday I weeded out back for an hour or less.. It was only 10C/50F, but it was sheltered and sunny back there, so I was comfy in shorts. I recalled double-digging a flowerbed in clay soil just over 25 years ago. Now, an hour of weeding is enough for the old guy.

13 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I like the smokey shot too.

An hour in the garden is all I can manage now if I want to be able to walk the next day. Sigh…

Barbara Rogers said...

I worked yesterday, indoors however. Did a deep clean of my bedroom, which meant moving furniture...slowly, a bit at a time. But then putting it back proved even more difficult as the weave of the carpet kind of said no, go the other way! Good for you doing weeding already...getting ready to have beautiful gardens again!

Boud said...

Yes, about rationing gardening time. Otherwise my entire body is too tired to do anything other than complain. But I still like having things growing.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The photos came out great! We are driving back from Florida to Philadelphia and I'm sure we have a front yard full of weeds waiting for us!

Jeanie said...

That second one looks especially detailed -- you can see the stars!

MARY G said...

You do fantastic firework shots! And the smokey one does tall a story.
I can't garden anymore. I am sure that I don't miss parts of it ... like digging in clay soil.

Margaret said...

I love the smoky one! I can still mow but not as fast or as much as I would like to. I have to split in into two days. As for weeding, I still have one flowerbed left to do and I'm putting it off since it involves digging out moss. Ugh.

William Kendall said...

Terrific fireworks shots.

Red said...

Photographing fire works is challenging. You've got some great shots.

Joanne Noragon said...

I haven't been out yet. Rained all night and again this afternoon.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Nothing like watching fireworks.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Jenn Jilks said...

You do good work!
I had fun in the garden yesterday! News and film at 11:00! :-)

William Kendall said...

Dazzling!