Thursday, May 05, 2022

Candid Portraits after Family Dinner

For some time now, we have resumed the very pandemic interrupted family dinners. Monday is the usual day, but we have occasionally moved it to Tuesday to accommodate either Jonathan's hockey games or Danica's work schedule.

As I have also mentioned, it is portrait week foe Sue's 365 theme, so she nabbed a few candids of the kids as we were sitting around post meal. Sue didn't move from her chair and the kids didn't move from theirs, but I moved around with our little portable light.


Above: I shone the light from the side to get a rim effect on JJ.
Below: I got low to provide some fill light for Danica who was otherwise in shadow.

Both photos are soft in the low light, and I cropped and slightly edited these versions according to my taste.


Lacey also got her picture taken with me again holding the light low outside of the photo.


Speaking of Lacey, she still rather likes Jonathan.




13 comments:

Debby said...

Lacey looks quite mysterious with the lighting.

You have very beautiful grandchildren.

Marcia said...

The kids are growing up. So Lacey doesn't jump on your lap like she does Jonathan's?

Marie Smith said...

That Lacey has her favourites!

DJan said...

Nice portrait shots. I like the soft lighting.

Barbara Rogers said...

That lighting does give each portrait the needed softness...very few shadows. In answer to your comment yesterday, I don't watch that PBS Murders show, which is on a lot here. I've been stuck on NCIS for years...and it's earliest shows are on somewhere here almost daily.

Boud said...

Lovely kids there. They're so good looking.

NGS said...

That is a beautiful cat. I mean, the kids are gorgeous, too!

Margaret said...

Great photos and family time. Cats definitely have preferences.

Jeanie said...

These are gorgeous. The lighting on Lacey is just the best!

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice you have family meals again. Nice photos.

Patio Postcards said...

All good photos ... and my favourite is that of Johnathan & Lacey.

MARY G said...

Those are really interesting light effects. And Lacey's eyes came out really well.

William Kendall said...

Good portraits.