Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Comments, FB, and Sue

Some of you are still experiencing problems with commenting, not necessarily here but elsewhere on Blogger. Riverbend has written two posts that helped me with my commenting issues. Take heart: they are not difficult.

http://riverbendjournal.blogspot.com/2022/04/a-fix-for-commenting.html http://riverbendjournal.blogspot.com/2022/04/solution-for-blogs-with-embedded.html

===============================

I get the negative comments about FB on yesterday's, and my own post was also -ve enough. On the +ve side, a few well-placed blocks eliminated my issues – for now at least. It's actually pretty easy to control. I just had to get around to it.

Otherwise, the app comes in very handy in communicating with family groups as well as with keeping up with my community. For newsfeeds, however, I tend to use that other platform, Twitter.

The occasional FaceTime session can be helpful without having to invoke another app, and some people use the calling feature, associated with Facetime. You don't have to use the video feature, but you can just phone, as it were. For example, my friend uses it daily to talk at length with his cousins in Ukraine. It's a pretty nice and feature, and it is free too.

One more benefit: there are some backslidden bloggers 😜 with whom I can still connect on FB.

While I don't at all like to support Zuckerberg in any way, I guess it is like going to store you don't care for to get a product that you can't readily obtain elsewhere. You hold your nose, and you just do it.

===============================

Sue continues her daily 365 theme. The prompt yesterday: portrait, progress. She has made an awful lot of progress with her iPhone photography, so she set up this photo with her book and various props. She knew what she wanted to do but just needed one more hand to actually take the photo, so she drafted me for the job. She was working on a very tight space in the basement, but I think she pulled it off well.



14 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It’s wonderful you and Sue have such an interest in photography that is unique to each of you but common is ways.

Ed said...

I have resisted the urge to tweet. I might pick it up someday like Facebook, when it is not popular anymore and on the down slide.

Jeanie said...

Thanks, AC. I'm headed over to those posts, though I think I've mastered the commenting now that I scroll down as soon as I hit send on blogs without a pop-up box like yours (or second page) and it says "Publishing" or "Available After Approval." This, I found out after reposting the same comment six times!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great collaboration of you and Sue! So glad to see how she's progressing. I guess there's not a timer setting on her phone for set it up, click shutter button, then hurriedly get into pose! On commenting formats...I haven't changed mine on blogger from how I set it up years ago. Though sometimes I do change the moderation setting if lots of spam is out there...which (knock on wood) hasn't happened for a while. I do enjoy replying to comments, and wonder how many folks look back again at their comments yesterday...probably not many!

Boud said...

I wonder too if people come back to read my responses. I like to respond but I suspect most people just drive on by
It's good that you and Sue have a shared absorbing interest. It gets you out of doors as well as occupied at home.

Vicki Lane said...

I love Sue's portrait!

gigi-hawaii said...

I don't seem to have any issues with my WordPress account. I am glad that you and Sue share a passion for photography!

Margaret said...

I agree with you 100% about FB. It is a way to keep in touch with former students, colleagues and far away friends and family. I've never gotten the hang of twitter. That's an excellent photo! Sue has a very artistic eye. Both of you are so creative; did your kids/grandkids inherit those gifts?

DJan said...

I enjoy reading comments and do occasionally revisit posts where I know the author likes to leave his/her comments. Nice picture! :-)

Debby said...

I thought I left a comment. It has either been lost or is lurking in your spam. In any case, Social media has changed our world and not for the better. Putin pays people to post propaganda and sow discord on facebook. People buy into the craziness hook line and sinker. I believe that tRUMP would not have been president if it had not been for facebhook. Study after study shows that facebook and other social media truly damage the self esteem of countless young teens. I find that I can't even deal with it anymore. I check my messages, but I don't post on facebook.

Joanne Noragon said...

Sue's set up is great.

PipeTobacco said...

I do like that you both enjoy photography… but in different ways! I have that same book Sue has (mine I think might be an older edition though, different cover, but same author). It is a very interesting book and it has helped me learn quite a bit.

PipeTobacco

William Kendall said...

I totally gave up on Twitter some years ago.

William Kendall said...

I've found lately that some of my comments are vanishing on blogs. I swear I commented on this one.