Friday, May 13, 2022

No Fries With That

Last night was better: not perfect but much better. I had 4+ hours of pretty deep sleep plus another 1 or 2 of okay sleep. While not enough after 4 poor nights to perhaps overcome the deficit, it's still much better.

Even Alexa is having her difficulties. Look at the second item on the list.

Our pharmacy has a seniors shopping day every Thursday; they give us 20% off regularly priced items. On the last Thursday of the month, they add a $10 voucher for seniors who spend $50 or more. For many years, we would add to the list during the month and wait for that Super Senior day. We got away from the practice during the height of the pandemic when we eschewed in-person shopping for long stretches, but we're now edging back to the pattern.

Of course, for most of those years, we made lists without Alexa's help, but she saves us from keeping track of paper lists on fridges. I am not sure where on the fries came from, but we did want a new cold pack for Sue's sprained ankle.


15 comments:

Jeanie said...

I still don't have an Alexa. I think she's a Soviet spy. (Not really -- but it is a little creepy sometimes!)

DJan said...

I am also a little leery of a device that can talk to me from my computer! Glad you got a little more sleep. :-)

Boud said...

I won't let Alexa in my house! I live alone and a sudden voice is liable to make me jump a foot.
I guess you were out of the usual bag of frozen peas for an ice pack?

Marcia said...

Glad to hear you got some sleep.

Barbara Rogers said...

No Alexa for me either. Fries? Ha ha. Glad to hear sleep is somewhat better.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Actually I have more in common with your last blog about not getting enough sleep. I had a real scare last week, having no sleep and symptoms of what I thought were like a TIA (or a small stroke). What a relief when it turned out to be Vertigo and now I have a new pill that helps me to get a full night's sleep.
I hope you get an answer to your not sleeping. It can do a job on you. Fingers crossed for you.

gigi-hawaii said...

I can't imagine having Alexa in my home. Just the thought gives me the creeps. It's like having a spy.

Ed said...

Although I have an Alexa and utilize many of her functions, I still don't use the list function. We write it on a whiteboard on the wall and I snap a picture of it with my smartphone as I'm heading out the door to the store.

RedPat said...

I am trying to get away from technology so no Alexa for me either.

MARY G said...

You are Sooo twenty-first century. I shudder to think what my family could do to Alexa.
Sleep well!

Marie Smith said...

My family uses Alexa. Me…not so much.

Hope you get some hours of sleep tonight.

Margaret said...

I don't always use my Alexa (not for lists) but I love her for Question of the Day, reminders, timers and other random inquiries. And music! She does misunderstand me a bit too frequently though. Hope Sue's ankle is improving!

Joanne Noragon said...

I just wrote out a paper list for tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

I would not want an Alexa or Siri.

Jenn Jilks said...

Our kids have a mutual e-shopping list, with photos attached.
I didn't sleep well last night. sigh.