Thursday, May 19, 2022

Tulips in the Garden

On Saturday morning, I decided that I couldn't wait any longer for the breezes to subside. Nope. I had to photograph our tulips as best as I could while they still looked good. There was much rain in the forecast, so the opportunity might soon be lost.

While there are more than two tulips out front, given the light and distracting backgrounds, I concentrated on two flowers that I could focus on pretty tightly.

My first target was an orange variety.


Actually, they may have been two different tulips↑. I can't remember for sure, but the light is different. I prefer the second one with the backlight.

There was a smaller magenta bloom bent over a bit, so that became my next target.



Now what? Well, the forget-me-nots have not forgotten us again this year, so I'll try to get a few, as I do every year. They're harder to photograph, though – much smaller and lower. Groan, grumble, grumble.


15 comments:

Marie Smith said...

The symmetry in that second photo catches my eye.

DJan said...

I like the second photo, too. Nice colors in all of them, though. :-)

Boud said...

I love pictures where the transparency of the petals shows up.

Barbara Rogers said...

These are all lovely! You bend over just fine, for that level!

Margaret said...

I love the light in that second photo!

Marcia said...

Those are some beauties. Do you have to plant them every year or are they returning on their own. I have four pink ones in the front porch garden. There were more last year that daughter planted the fall of 2020 when we put a contract on this house. They were a spring of 21 surprise.

Anvilcloud said...

@Marcia. These have been here for quite some time, maybe 10 years. I actually dig some up once, but I wasn’t successful. Odd how that happens.

MARY G said...

Um, what are you doing lying on the ground, AC. Ah, I see.
Nice, nice backlight. Love the second tulip. Worth framing, IMHO.

RedPat said...

These are all so lovely. Most of the tulips here are done for the year.

Red said...

...and one of my favorite flowers is the tulip.

Joanne Noragon said...

Lovely. Thank you.

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful.

Rita said...

I like them all!!

Jeanie said...

I used to have tulips before I had deer. Now I have to rely on the grocery. These are just lovely.

Norma said...

Your flower photography is still outstanding.