Monday, May 09, 2022

That Was Mother's Day

It's just after 6 on the morning after Mother's Day, but I've been up for 4 hours after having slept for about 2 hours. I'm not surprised that this happened because I stopped some meds last night, one's that I have been on for 6 months or so. They did help my sleep somewhat although that wasn't their purpose. I came off slowly, reducing the dosage by 1/3 for a month and then another 1/3 for a month, but  I expected that it would take some time for my body to adjust. We'll have to see how long it takes to get back up to a whole 5 hours or so.

But, yesterday was Mother's Day, and I have a few snaps. Of course I do.

The first order of business after coffee was to give Sue her cards: one from me and one from Lacey.

The inside of my card

Lacey's card was in postcard format
Lacey had a most appropriate garden ornament gift for Sue.


We had a  quiche brunch in our little porch which had warmed up in the sunlight after an overnight frost threat. It wasn't much warmer last night either although the past few days have warmed up nicely by afternoon.


What you can't see in the ↑ photo is that Sue had her for up and wrapped after missing a stair on the previous day and spraining it quite decisively. She has just taken a picture for her 365 of the day. Her theme for the week is pink, and she photographed her bandaged foot resting on a pink cushion. Oh she just got up and hobbled to the bathroom with the help of a cane, so she's no better this morning.

Sha and the kids came over for a bbq supper, and Sha had a few gifts to unwrap from them.




And that was Mother's Day – Sue's 49th and Sha's 14th.

20 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Seems the ladies of your life had a good Mother's Day. I like the cards you made from you & Lacey. I hope Sue's ankle is better today.

Marie Smith said...

Such a lovely family day here too.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Too bad that Sue took a mis-step, and hope her ankle is better soon. At least, it led to some extra pampering on Mother's Day. Looks like both ladies had a wonderful time with family.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good to see the beautiful cards you made. I hope Sue feels better soon...that ankle is a rather tender spot to get hurt. Loved seeing your daughter and her little ones...all celebrating the mothers!

DJan said...

So sorry to hear of that sprained ankle. I seem to be prone to them, too. Happy Mother's Day nevertheless! :-)

Boud said...

A double mother's day! Cool.

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice shots of Mother's Day. We took some photos, too, but they turned out bad so I did not post them.

Marcia said...

Dan doesn't give me a Mother's Day card or gift not do I do one for him on Father's Day. Each to their own traditions. I did get a nice Lenten Rose to plant in my garden from Emily, a bouquet of daffodils from granddaughters and some nice cards. Another gift is in the mail from Buffalo.

Marcia said...

Oh, and hope Sue is doing better today.

Margaret said...

What a lovely celebration of the mothers! So sorry about Sue. I've done that myself on more than one occasion. Sprains take a while to repair.

DrumMajor said...

Love the special cards. We seem to forget that mother's had "help" in order to become mothers. That's a cute line.
Should Sue maybe get an xray just to make sure? Linda in Kansas

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful cards! And such a nice family!

PipeTobacco said...

I am sorry about Sue’s ankle…. hopefully she is back up to snuff quickly!!!

I think your flower card is beautiful and your kitty’s card is delightful as is the yard decoration!!

PipeTobacco

RedPat said...

Sounds like a fine day despite the injured foot.

William Kendall said...

A good day. Except for the foot.

Karen said...

Love the garden kitties!

Joanne Noragon said...

Nice day. May Sue's ankle/foot mend soon.

MARY G said...

Sympathy to Sue and may her ankle heal quickly and well. Love the cat sculpture. Lacey did that all by herself, eh?
I hear you about tapering meds. Not fun and louses up the life. Hope you equalize soon.

Jeanie said...

It looks like a wonderful day! (Lacey shops well.)

Jenn Jilks said...

Well, I don't know where I've been, how I missed all these. What a great day. Caitlin popped in from Ottawa. That was nice. We sat outside on the porch and she wore a mask.