Sunday, March 17, 2019

We Have Succumbed

Almost made it. With spring just around the corner, although it is a heckuva long and wide corner, I was thinking that I and we were about to make it through another winter sans cold.

You see, we're done this for three winters now. Maybe even four.

Colds and flu viruses had seemed to have disappeared from our lives.

Then both of the kids came for sleepovers, and they were coughing quite a lot.

So Sue, being a sympathetic joiner at heart, decided that she should join the coughing choir on Friday.

Finally on Saturday, I succumbed. While mine is more of a traditional sore throat and cold than a cough. it's just a different manifestation of the same bug.

I've had worse colds. I even slept fairly well last night. Mind you, it could get worse.

We didn't take many pictures during their visits, but this was from breakfast with Jonathan.



And a lagniappe from 10 years ago as I sometimes peruse through an old folder: me with Danica.


10 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Colds and flu, bah, humbug!

William Kendall said...

I have a bit of a lingering sore throat.

Marie Smith said...

Great photos, AC. The grandkids always share their colds and flus with us too.

Mara said...

I am finally getting over mine! Hope yours disappears sooner.

You don't seem to have aged that much in those ten years. What is your secret?

Vicki Lane said...

Great pictures! I hope the cold is gone soon.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Sending wishes for good health! I'm about to go to an urgent care because I've been sick for almost two months.

Tabor said...

At least grandparents have their immune system tested on a regular basis. Better than living in a totally sterile environment. I do dread a bit my trip to China in the fall...soo many germs.

Mage said...

Very ugly. Both G and I have lingering after effects from our bug. Darn it. You two take care.

Kay said...

I love all your adorable photos. I’ve been going through my photos too and loving it. I hope you all get over your colds quickly. We always manage to catch something when we visit the grandkids.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a cutie, now a lovely young lady.
The kids went south for March break. Perhaps that saved me. Hubby never gets them.