Saturday, March 02, 2019

Bad Dreams, Cat Naps, and Hyacinths

I had a disturbing dream before waking this morning. I was taking something like an IQ test and couldn't do it. I was on the second question after not doing too well on the first, and I couldn't track and process the somewhat intricate multiple choices very well. Realizing that dementia was setting in, I threw the paper on the floor in frustration and walked out.

Too close to home.

In his 80s, Dad succumbed greatly. I'm in my 70s.

In ways, I am a lot like my dad.

Oh well ... on to a photo or two.

Speaking of sleep and dreaming, here is Lacey on the bureau by the window. It's high key (sort of overexposed) to emphasize the sunlight.



We had though of purchasing a cat tree to put here, but at $150, we decided to move my bureau instead — at least to try it out. We wouldn't want to spend that whack of dough only to find out she wouldn't use the tree.

For awhile, she wouldn't get up on her own and would jump down fairly quickly after she was placed there. But then she began to jump up from the bed and spend some quality time in the warm sunlight. Since this works, maybe we'll just leave it here and continue to resist spending the $150.

Now for a macro: I bought a very inexpensive muscari (grape hyacinth) and tried a few photos. This, at least in some ways, is the best of the group. I stacked many photos to get it this well focused although it still isn't perfect.


9 comments:

Shammickite said...

Some dreams are nice and I want to continue even after waking, and some dreams I just want to get rid of asap!
Such a warm comfy kitty up there in the sunshine!

Mage said...

I don't understand stacking, but it produced a really a lovely work. That's a beautiful waterfall dresser too.

Tabor said...

Still have been too lazy to try stacking. In my software it is not intuitive to me. Oh well...maybe someday.

Joanne Noragon said...

If others are aware of your concerns, and you have made plans to deal with symptoms, you are starting up a defense.

Jenn Jilks said...

I have dreams, too. Just nuts.
I love the cat! Good for you for taking her in. She has a good home.
I hear you, about stopping building character! The sun is warming, though.

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely flower, but I haven't learned about stacking yet. Will google it soon. Cat looks so comfy. Dreams are messages to ourselves from ourselves...and sometimes a cat is just a cat.

Marie Smith said...

I understand the fear of dementia. I don’t know any seniors who don’t feel the same.

William Kendall said...

Lacey looks content.

I had a vivid dream a couple night back about excruciating pain in my knee.

Kay said...

I get nightmares where I actually start talking loud enough to wake my husband. Then he gets me awake because he’s so curious about what I was dreaming about. I love your macro photo. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a hyacinth. That’s so pretty.