Saturday, March 09, 2019

Summer Caps At Last

When we were in town for Sue's early fish n chip birthday lunch, Sue opined that I should check out the Irish & Scottish Shop for summer caps.

I have purchased a few heavier caps there in the past, but I've had a heckuva time finding suitable lightweight caps anywhere. My only summer hat is a Tilley with a brim — not a cap. It's fine; I like it, but one doesn't always want to wear a hat, and I don't do baseball-style caps. They aren't me.

As it turned out, the shop only had two summer weight caps, but I liked them both, so a long wait seems to be over. Except, now of course, I must wait for summer. It will take a few months, but I think I am set when it does get here.

Speaking of which, tomorrow shall be a momentous day as temperatures will finally rise above freezing and, for the most part, stay there. Of course, nighttime temperatures will continue to be below freezing, and that is good for the sap run.

Here's the reveal.



15 comments:

Shammickite said...

I like the red one best. Makes me hear bagpipes inside my head.

Joanne Noragon said...

My vote is the Black Watch. I hear "The Campbell's are coming, Hurrah! Hurrah!".

Barbara Rogers said...

Some great plaids there!

troutbirder said...

Like Joanne I like the black one. Somewhat similar to the one I bought in Ireland on a recent trip to that beautiful country.

Mage said...

I hope you bought them both. Cheery things. Me, I wear baseball hats. :)

Kay said...

I like them both and hope you bought both of them, but I’m leaning more to the black one.

William Kendall said...

The second one is my favourite.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Haven't been thinking much about summer. Still quite a bit of snow in my yard.
Coffee is on

Marie Smith said...

You’re ready. Hope you can use them soon.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Should you get both since they are so difficult to find?

MARY G said...

I hope you went home with both of them. One for up days and one for dignified days.

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Wow .. you really cut a dashing figure in that plaid one.

Vicki Lane said...

A very good look for you!

Donna said...

I'm liking them both...A nice look for you!
hughugs

Jenn Jilks said...

We have caps like that! I love that store!