Saturday, March 30, 2019

The Actual Penultimate Game

It's déjà vu all over again.

Last year in the playoff finals (see Heartbreaker post), our boys had won 1 game, lost 1, and tied a third for a total of 3 points, with 4 points being necessary to win the title. Sadly, they went on to lose in a last game in double overtime.

What were the odds that it would happen again? Seemingly low, but it did. Just like last year, the teams split the first two games and tied the third on Thursday evening.

The boys were somewhat fortunate to gain the tie in this game because the other team dominated play. Nevertheless, they had a 2-1 lead with about 3.5 minutes remaining before Osgoode was able to score their second goal to even the score.

So, despite calling the previous game the penultimate one, it wasn't. This one was.

And so, they will play the ultimate game later today. This one will be at home and not an hour away. Hopefully, that will help.

On to the photos.

JJ (on the left in blue) amused me on this one. In the heat of the battle, I caught him looking at the camera.



I had trouble with the light this time around, so I did the following shot in both colour and bw. I like the moment, and it might be my favourite photo of the game.




From the same sequence, I think.



This was one of two goals that Osgoode scored. The puck is just about to enter the net behind our goalie.




Two more shots, and off I go. They are both with the Kings on the offence, which didn't happen all that often in this game.



6 comments:

Mara said...

Let's hope their last game is a straight win!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I don't know anything about sports. I am sadly uninformed. So, all I can say is "Good Luck to them." I can appreciate their intense involvement in these photos.

Mage said...

Good camera work, Grandpa. You are to be commended.

William Kendall said...

The black and white one particularly stands out.

Marie Smith said...

Good luck to the team! Great photos, AC.

Jenn Jilks said...

The families must love your photos! Well done.