Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Turning Corners

Happy Equinox! Although tomorrow will be the first full day of spring, the sun crosses the equator later today, so we call this the equinox, even if it's not a full day.

And the weather is cooperating. You see, it's going up to 7°C today. Although we've been there before recently, I still consider it a corner turned. Here ↓ is the 36 hour forecast, which also shows a temperature of 5°C tomorrow afternoon. And if the long term forecast stands, there will only be one day in the next two weeks where the high daytime temperature will actually remain below 0, and it will only be -1 at that.



So that's a corner turned, but we still have to get rid of some of that snow. Right now, we stand second in all of Canada's capitals (Ottawa is the national capital, the others are provincial) for snow cover, and some of the, are much farther north: Yellowknife, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Whitehorse, and Iqaluit.



Meanwhile, Sue and I may (MAY) have turned the health corner. Yesterday, as was the case for the two or three previous days, was miserable. But Sue smiled when I first saw her this morning — as she usually does, but she sure wasn't smiling yesterday morning.

And moi? It's early, and my head feels fuzzy and light, but I think (THINK) I am not as bad as yesterday. So that's another corner turned.

This was my Flickr photo this morning. I titled it, Hey Winter! Ride on Outta Here!



14 comments:

Vicki Lane said...

Here's hoping that the cold -- both inside and out -- dissipates with the turning of the seasons.

Joanne Noragon said...

A decent day is predicted on my side of the lake, too. Then--not so good.

William Kendall said...

My aunt used to say that weather on the first day of a new season was a harbinger for the rest of the season. It's peaceful here today.

Mage said...

Great old photo. Yes, I so hope you two have turned the corner.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It may well be the first day of spring according to the calendar but not in the temperature here in NH.

Tabor said...

Spring is definitely here although we have had snows in April, but they are rare. My daffodils are blooming and thousands of weeds are up!

Should Fish More said...

I read that Butte got up to 41 yesterday, hope to head back this coming . Here in Seattle it was a all time high for this time of year, it was 79, felt like mid-summer in Butte.

likeschocolate said...

I hate cold weather. It is still too cold here for me in Georgia. Hoping it gets warm soon.

Christina said...

Glad you are both on the mend.
Happy Equinox!

Marie Smith said...

Looks like it is gone on more than just the calendar, AC.
.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I love spring! And my snowdrops are in bloom. I am rejoicing in the Equinox and hoping you are all better.

troutbirder said...

Spring is sprung, the grass is green the flowers is riz, oh there you are....oops well anyway it in sight too here on the Artic tundra of Minnesota...:)

Shammickite said...

I think you sent me your cold through the internet!
I love the idea of spring happening but it's still dull and cold and a bit snowy here. There's still a huge mountain of ice in front of my house.

Jenn Jilks said...

Knock wood, I have not had a cold this winter. Not for lack of trying. My client's family (she has 7 kids my age and up) have been spreading it around.