Monday, March 25, 2019

The Big Surprise



The birthday party was yesterday, and there was a big surprise. Sue got an iWatch. We usually don't get this extravagant for presents, but since it will be our 50th anniversary in two months, I was looking for something a little beyond the ordinary. I pretty well knew that she would love it, and she did and does.

I'll post some more photos below, but needless to say, the kids were also very excited and very keen to help grandma figure things out. The batteries in my flash were failing me towards the end, so I had to do a little rescue in Lightroom, but it worked pretty well.












10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What a beautiful family...and your photos are excellent..the way you can look back on the event for years to come.

Mara said...

Happy birthday (month) Sue! That cake looks really yummy.

Joanne Noragon said...

This has been a grand day to share. Happy, happy, Sue.

Mage said...

OOh, what a pretty lady, delicious looking cake, and darling grandchildren. I like the white watchband. :)
She looks so happy.

Marie Smith said...

It looks like a great birthday. Happy belated, Sue.

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful pictures! And I love the card! Happy Birthday, Sue!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Sue! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

William Kendall said...

Fun shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

So sweet!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated 🎂 Birthday wishes to Sue and may the celebration continue year-long🍾 Looks like a lovely celebration of a special day and Sue certainly WAS surprised as shown in your photos, John. Nice too that she received an unexpected gift because those are the best type...and that she really likes it is even better. I was thinking of gifting myself in a similar way by the end of this year. Please let us know more about how Sue is enjoying her iWatch as time goes by.