Friday, March 01, 2019

The Weather

It's been quite a winter in the Ottawa Valley. These two consecutive tweets this morning summarize it pretty well.


Dave Phillips, senior climatologist: "If I was awarding the gold medal for winter misery I would give it to (...) you people have dealt with the freezing rain, the ice pellets, the snow... that back and forth flip-flopping." We'll take it!

Welcome to March, and the “eventual” arrival of Spring. Feb was much colder than normal, snowier, & icy. Normally we would have around 25cm of snowpack. Today we have a whopping 62cm on the ground. It’s -19° now. The high -2° w/SE wind 10-15 under m. sunny skies.


Then I checked the 14 day forecast and found some hope. See that? ↓ On March 11th it is predicted that the daytime temperature will rise to 0°C, and it will soon rise to the almost balmy 4°C a few days later. And on the 15th, the nighttime temperature will also rise to 0°C. I may have to get my shorts out. Suntan lotion anyone?




I hit publish and then saw this tweet to add. I am not sorry to wave goodbye to February.


9 comments:

Shammickite said...

Yes, it's been a cold snowy shivery month and I'm sure March will be an improvement. It has to be! Pretty cold last night though.
Dave Phillips came to speak to our local history group a few years ago, to talk about weather and how it affected us in the past.... what a very interesting man.

Joanne Noragon said...

Somewhere along the line I committed to memory, 4 is 40, C to F conversion. And my engineer boss snarled, It's not proportional, you know
No kidding!

Vicki Lane said...

Yikes! You are a hardy lot up there!

Christina said...

Crikey, what a winter! We are further north here in Glasgow (55.8° North) but our winter has been very mild. It usually is.

Marie Smith said...

Those positive temperatures are great looking. Hope they materialize.

Mage said...

I am so sorry.You can't even get out to do snow photographs by the river. I wish you could come this way.

William Kendall said...

Winter misery? That's simply not possible. :)

Mara said...

And here in Europe it has been exceptionally warm. At least where I am!

Jenn Jilks said...

The seasons are turning, thank goodness! I love the changes.