Monday, March 04, 2019

Drive to Abstraction

I thought I would try a more abstract flower macro. The idea is to emphasize colour and form over typical macro photography. It doesn't have to be sharp and detailed. In fact, it really shouldn't be. I am not sure if this photo (two versions) quite nailed it or not, but I think it was worth trying. However, I am not sure that it is worth pursuing.





We went for a stroll in our little downtown yesterday, but it was a little too chilly to be enjoyable. I took my camera but didn't remember to put my memory card in, so I missed the one shot that I would have taken of massive icicles.

10 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I am glad to know I am not the only one to forget the camera card.

Mara said...

I am not sure about those photos. Yes, they do look nice, but I think it looks a bit drawing-y. Not sure.

Vicki Lane said...

Lovely soft colors! I enjoy fiddling with different filters too. I'd be tempted to make a print of one of these and carefully out line each bit of the flower with a thin line of black ink.

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

A friend of mine has software which lets her make a photograph look like an oil painting. It seems as if you're trying to do something similar.

Tabor said...

I have three camera cards so I am never without one. I also have three batteries. I am a detailed person and totally fail when it comes to soft, or abstract, on minimalist photography.

Hena Tayeb said...

I like crisp lines and details.. but it's fun to experiment now and then

http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I hadd to smile (laugh) when I read that you had forgotten to put the memory card in the camera, John...quite unfortunate.

Kay said...

I think I like the photo with the deeper color. They look like watercolors. Oh my about the memory card. Ouch! I’ve been taking photos with my cellphone only these days.

William Kendall said...

Quite pretty!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm looking forward to the gardens growing!