Monday, December 21, 2020

Merry Christmas or Happy Whatever Works Best for You

I has a vision for a Christmas card, but it was not to be this year. I envisioned taking Sue out to pretend to hang decorations on a snowy bough in the park. But it has been rather green here for the most part.

So this is it, I'm afraid.

It is most certainly not my best card ever and not even the best of this series, which I have shown here previously. But it is red, and red goes with Christmas more than any other colour IMO.

I used that photo in the Christmas card and letter than I emailed yesterday. I usually keep my Christmas wishes brief, but given the year that we've been through, I found myself rambling on and on and on this time.

Of course, I will spare you that long rehash since I gathered my material and thoughts from my blog posts of the past year, and most of you have read them. It was good to jog my memory like that. I always seem to need a little nudge for my memory to kick in. Once I am nudged, however, I do remember without having to actually re-read an entire post.

This probably won't be my final pre-Christmas post, but I wanted to get it out there before we got too close to the day.

So ... Merry Christmas to you. My particular season is Christmas, and so that is how I say it, but I am not offended by any form of seasonal greeting, so please insert whatever works for you. I mean well by my greeting and wish you well over the holiday and beyond.

10 comments:

DJan said...

I like it! Happy Holidays AND Merry Christmas! :-)

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the red decorations in your photo. Merry Christmas back to you and yours!

MARY G said...

Got the letter and it jogged my memory too. What a strange year it has been. And how much I admire your daughter for her selfless act in quarantining away from her kids to keep them safe.
How about Joyeaux Noel? As in, Joy to the World. We do need it.
Sending virtual hugs to you and your family.
M

Debby said...

Merry Christmas right back at you. I love that you are big enough to acknowledge that there are other ways to celebrate the season and that we need not be offended by that.

Ed said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jenn Jilks said...

Things simply aren't the way they used to be. We have to give ourselves permission to change! I've had so many lonely Christmases as a single parent, and consider myself lucky these days.

Margaret said...

I think it's a beautiful and artistic Xmas card! You are too hard on yourself. I am waiting to get my New Year's cards in the mail and will send them out in a few weeks. There's no time pressure on although I do like to get them out some time in January. Happy Holidays and Merry Xmas!

Red said...

Have a very merry Christmas

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and Sue and your family as that is our greeting preference as well Also we hope for a Happ(ier) New year for all.

Rita said...

Very pretty and festive.
Merry Christmas! :)