Tuesday, December 15, 2020

My Photoshoot with Santa

I received a text from Bob Santa yesterday morning, asking if I could  take some photos of him in his full Christmas regalia. I knew that he would want me to use his camera, but I took mine along too and got a few shots of my own. Little did I know at the time that Santa is a twin.

First, we went to the Julie and Dancing Unicorns sign where Sue and I had recently posed. What a fine Santa whose beard is entirely his own!


But that was Santa Bob. His twin brother Santa Robert also showed up.

I managed to snag just one photo of the twin santas just to prove that I write the truth. However, I was never able to tell Bob Santa and Robert Santa apart.

We went to a few more spots as Santa was ... err Santas were ...  looking for the reindeer. It is important to keep track of their hooven whereabouts at this time of year and to make sure they are in flying shape for the big night that is impending.

Whether the reindeer were found or not remains Santa's ... err Santas' ... secret, but I did get another photo of one or t'other.


It is Santa (I can't tell which one, but the other twin was searching elsewhere) asking Roy Brown* if he might have seen the usually trusty steeds.

Soon, I lost track of him/them. I expect that the reindeer were found and something magical happened, for there's a special kind of thing that happens between santa(s) and reindeer at this time of year.
.

* Roy Brown was the Canadian pilot officially credited with shooting down the Red Baron. He was born and raised here in Carleton Place, and this statue was officially erected just last week. Someday, I will show you the whole setup, but this was all about Santa ... err the Santas.


11 comments:

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Are the two brothers twins or is that just a trick of your camera? I love the picture of Santa with Roy Brown.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh what fun, reindeer hunting in Canada with Santa(s). Very cool.

DJan said...

I couldn't tell the Santas apart, either. Whichever one is in the last shot with Roy is probably the real one. Hahaha! :-)

Jenn Jilks said...

You are a hoot!
I was going to ask where the statue is, as I didn't recall seeing it. Mind you, we haven't tootled around CP recently!

gigi-hawaii said...

How did you manage to do that, putting the two pictures in one? Crazy but funny.

MARY G said...

Right. Two Santas. Good grief, Charley Brown.

Margaret said...

The real beard is great; it makes "Santa" look much more authentic. I hadn't even thought that it could be a camera trick. I am clueless.

Mage said...

The beards were wonderful.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots. The Roy Brown one is a surprise!

Marie Smith said...

They were indeed twins. Love the two together!

dellgirl said...

This is really fun! The photos are amazing, as usual! Wishing you a wonderful week!